Resource icon

Apps Perspective correction for curved monitors 0.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
ctuchik submitted a new resource:

Perspective correction for curved monitors - Scriptable filter for CSP that provides perspective correction for curved monitors

This is a "Scriptable Filter" for CSP that does perspective correction for curved monitors. If you have a 49" monitor with 1000R curve (Samsung G9), this is for you. Smaller monitors or monitors with shallower curve won't benefit as much, but feel free to try it.

You need "Content Manager" and "Custom Shaders Patch" installed. Extract the folder in your AC install (it should end up in extensions/lua/pp-filters/panini). Activate the script in Content Manager ...

Read more about this resource...

the folder in the downloaded archive has "extensions" instead of "extension" there's an extra "s".

I have a G9 but im not sure if this is helping, it seems to bring things closer with positive numbers and fisheye things with negative numbers. I have a FOV of 34 so what should this App be set to ?

the folder in the downloaded archive has "extensions" instead of "extension" there's an extra "s".

I have a G9 but im not sure if this is helping, it seems to bring things closer with positive numbers and fisheye things with negative numbers. I have a FOV of 34 so what should this App be set to ?
Good catch! I've uploaded a new zip with the correct path. Check the gif in the top post, you want to counteract the distortion from the curved monitor.

Disable the app, park your car in a place where you can see the lines bending at your monitor edges. Like a straight pitwall.
Take a screenshot, open the screenshot in full screen, switch back to AC and enable the app.
Now adjust the correction until the curved line becomes straight.
Everything in the center will be too big now, so increase the fov and alt+tab back and forth between AC and your Screenshot and adjust the fov until the center looks identical.
You should see a bit more on the sides with everything straight.

Here's an example how the "bent" lines can look for triple curved:
IMG_20230826_190829_069.jpg

App isn't showing up. I've got the files installed in the correct folders, and Panini shows in the Scriptable filters drop-down. The LUA debug tool is showing something happening with it. Not sure if there is something else I can pull from the debugger to help solve it.

CSP is 0.1.79 and CM is 0.8.2561.39678

Thanks!

EDIT: Oh- should the app be showing in CM with Python apps, or just in-game? It is not in the CM python list.

Attachments

• 20231014062300_1.jpg
    20231014062300_1.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot 2023-10-14 063032.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-10-14 063032.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot 2023-10-14 063713.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-10-14 063713.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
ctuchik submitted a new resource:

Perspective correction for curved monitors - Scriptable filter for CSP that provides perspective correction for curved monitors

Read more about this resource...
The las version is reporting LUA errors in the script.
All is activated, but it dont show anything in game.
I think that the problen is in this section of code

Code:
ui.addSettings({
  icon = 'icon.png',
  name = 'Panini Filter',
  size = {default = vec2(360, 120), min = vec2(360, 120)},
}, function ()

settingsWindow()
end)

but my LUA knoledge is almost null

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events