Performance issues?

ThatRacingGuy

I drove 88 MPH last night... weird stuff happened
Hi.

I've got AC for a while now, but i noticed that my frames dropped since the i first played the game.

On my old Wooden laptop i could run AC with ultra low settings around 40 FPS (Don't hate xD)

And i've got a Very solid Gaming system now build for simracing and i can't even reach 40 FPS anymore in a time trail. (Medium/High Settings) While i can run Iracing with Ultra Settings with a steady 90 FPS with a full grid of GT3 on the Green Hell...

But here comes the weird thing. When i do a benchmark test in AC (Benchmark test has 32 AI with GT3 on Spa) And with those test my system can run above 70 FPS with eas. :O_o::O_o::O_o:

Can anyone help me?

It's obvious that your cpu is the bottleneck of your system.
You can see 98% usage.
I suggest to open a new thread in official AC support forum, uploading your logs and also include your exact pc configuration.
There are detailed instructions and people and devs that they will help you.
Good luck.

Yeah, agree with this completely.

I cant tell from that pic, but if you are solo on the track and maxing out your CPU... there is no chance you will be able to play with any AI. Your CPU is massively bottlenecking your performance. Which seems a bit odd for a quad core cpu though.

For reference, i have an i5 4670k, and it only has about 10-20% cpu usage solo, which goes up to 60% with 23 AI.

Opening a thread on the official forum to see if you can get some better answers is probably the way to go.

But how did you know it was Tyre App? Is it an add on app? I ask because I was running at 98% of CPU and now after OC my CPU to 4.3Ghz I am at 94%. No way!

My Specs are:
i5 7600k 4.3Ghz, 16GB Hyper DDR4 2100 RAM, Asus Nvidia GTX 1070 GPU.
I cannot capture video (OBS), though I week or two ago I could. Don't know if there was a recent update or not. I captured full grid videos then got max CPU warnings this week. I keep googling, cant find my problem.

Even more puzzling I was caputring vdeo with the gtx 970, but with 1070 no. Its not the gpu directly because on iRacing I went form 84fps to 225fps on some tracks.
I feel so stupid right now.. The problem was caused by the "Tyres" App.. Don't ask me why..

Now its back to 10% again and running 180+ FPS

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 288 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years