Performance issues?

ThatRacingGuy

I drove 88 MPH last night... weird stuff happened
Hi.

I've got AC for a while now, but i noticed that my frames dropped since the i first played the game.

On my old Wooden laptop i could run AC with ultra low settings around 40 FPS (Don't hate xD)

And i've got a Very solid Gaming system now build for simracing and i can't even reach 40 FPS anymore in a time trail. (Medium/High Settings) While i can run Iracing with Ultra Settings with a steady 90 FPS with a full grid of GT3 on the Green Hell...

But here comes the weird thing. When i do a benchmark test in AC (Benchmark test has 32 AI with GT3 on Spa) And with those test my system can run above 70 FPS with eas. :O_o::O_o::O_o:

Can anyone help me?

dont know if its any help but i was suffering with low fps with a fairly decent setup and couldnt understand why i was playing with the settings and turned off post rendering(think thats what it was called)it doubled my fps and now runs as smooth as silk

hmm anyone tell me what post rendering is/does please

dont know if its any help but i was suffering with low fps with a fairly decent setup and couldnt understand why i was playing with the settings and turned off post rendering(think thats what it was called)it doubled my fps and now runs as smooth as silk

hmm anyone tell me what post rendering is/does please
Can you tell me where to find it?

gilles......i did this AC performance test several times and there are only 15 AI in the test so this is the reason for your differences in your FPS. Note: In earlier versions of this AC performance test i do remember about 30 -32 AI

Settings: High to MAX except Shadows Med, HDR=ON, Single Monitor 1920x1080p @144hz
Test Results: FPS AVG=82, MIN=50, MAX=103, CPU=63%

Last edited:
yeah that turns all hdr effects off and leaves you with just the raw engine(?) + aa and af, so its normal to gain big chunks of fps.
i do that for online racing just to make sure its smooth and i have enough room for fps drops

.i did this AC performance test several times and there are only 15 AI in the test so this is the reason for your differences in your FPS. Note: In earlier versions of this AC performance test i do remember about 30 -32 AI

I am pretty sure it has always been 15 cars, because the benchmark is just a set "recording" that the game runs through. And it has been the same since it was implemented.

Beside that, Spa only supports 24 cars, so there was absolutely no chance this benchmark ever supported more than that.

It should be good enough to run AC Smoothly right?

Sounds like you should be able to run it well.

By chance... You dont have your monitor plugged into your motherboard do you? That would mean you are using your integrated gpu, and that is quite a lot weaker than a dedicated gpu would be.

Beside that, what are your actual in game settings? Some settings seem to kill framerate more so than others.

Specifically, try lowering reflection rendering quality & reflection rendering frequency. Both of those are MASSIVE fps hogs. You could try turning down, or turning off the post processing (found in the "effects" tab of the graphics settings), which is also a big fps hog.

Hmm, go into a practice session with any official Kunos car and Kunos track and moce your mouse over the right side of the screen to make the apps appear. Click on the "rendering stats" app to display it on screen. Now, start driving on the track and look at what your fps is. Also look at the cpu usage %, the phys %, the fmod usage, and the B. Size.

None of those beside B. Size should be very high. (B. Size is just the amount of VRam being used as far as Im aware) Then, load up a session with however many AI you want. Check those stats again and see if they are drastically increased or hitting 100%.

Sounds like you should be able to run it well.

By chance... You dont have your monitor plugged into your motherboard do you? That would mean you are using your integrated gpu, and that is quite a lot weaker than a dedicated gpu would be.

Beside that, what are your actual in game settings? Some settings seem to kill framerate more so than others.

Specifically, try lowering reflection rendering quality & reflection rendering frequency. Both of those are MASSIVE fps hogs. You could try turning down, or turning off the post processing (found in the "effects" tab of the graphics settings), which is also a big fps hog.

Hmm, go into a practice session with any official Kunos car and Kunos track and moce your mouse over the right side of the screen to make the apps appear. Click on the "rendering stats" app to display it on screen. Now, start driving on the track and look at what your fps is. Also look at the cpu usage %, the phys %, the fmod usage, and the B. Size.

None of those beside B. Size should be very high. (B. Size is just the amount of VRam being used as far as Im aware) Then, load up a session with however many AI you want. Check those stats again and see if they are drastically increased or hitting 100%.

I've got no clue where i put in my monitor, there are 2 HDMI inputs.

gj.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 116 7.7%
  • < 5 years