Perfect SLI Scaling w/ rFactor 2 - Great Job ISI!

Settings and PC Info
- ISI NSX and Portugal, 12:00 AM, Rain, no opponents, pit garage
- GPU: 2x GTX 970 (SLI)
- Nvidia Driver: v353.30
- Nvidia Profile: All default except using "prefer maximum performance" and max pre-rendered frames @ 1.

NOTE: The overall framerates for these tests aren't nearly as high as could be due to the tests being performed while my GPU, RAM, and CPU were at the following slow default speeds:
- GPU @ 1315/7000 MHz core/memory (instead of 1500/7500 MHz)
- CPU @ 3.6 GHz (instead of 4.5 GHz)
- RAM @ 16-16-16-39 2T timings (instead of 11-11-11-26 1T)

TEST #1

Untitleddddd.jpg

Untitledfff.jpg

Default Compatibility Bits - 0x02402005 (Sanctum, UAZ Racing 4x4, rFactor 2[rFactor2 Mod Mode.exe], etc.)

With the default SLI comp. bits I had some real weird results...
- Cockpit camera, both GPUs around 55% usage and poor SLI scaling and framerates
- TV cam, same thing, both GPUs around 55% usage and around 75 fps
- Chase cam (or any other cam like the cam near the wheels, side panel, etc.) and the framerates rise to 145 fps with both GPUs showing 98% usage. Wow!
- Then I go back to TV cam and, unlike the first time, the GPU usage stays at 98% and framerates in the 140s

Basically cockpit cam always SLI scaled poorly, any other cam SLI scaled great, and TV cam SLI scaled poor if the previous cam was cockpit but SLI scaled great if the previous cam was a cam that SLI scales great (e.g. chase cam)...Weird.

Using SLI Compatibility Bits: 0x02D04005
I just tried the SLI compatibility bits that I've seen others mention as of RF2 b982 called "0x02D04005 (LEGO Batman 2, LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game, LEGO Lord of the Rings, LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, LEGO Star Wars Saga, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7)" and I'm happy to report that all issues are now gone and the GPU usage is at 98% for both GPUs and no matter which view is used including the cockpit view where I'm getting over 130 fps
smile.png

TEST #2 Both Reflections @ "High" - everything else same as above

Default SLI Compatibility Bits
- GPU Usage = 55% (both GPUs)
- Framerate = 60 fps

Note: Always poor SLI scaling no matter the view

SLI Compatibility Bits 0x02D04005 (LEGO Batman 2, etc.)

- GPU usage = 98% (both GPUs)
- Framerate = 120 fps

Note: Wow! Each GPU's usage stays in the mid-to-high 90s % no matter what view is used and framerates are doubled. FANTASTIC!

TEST #3 - Max Graphics - except FXAA (disabled) and AA (Lvl 2)

Default Compatibility SLI Bits
- GPU Usage = 55% (both GPUs)
- Framerate = 42 fps

Note: Always poor SLI scaling no matter the view, not only that but there was major graphics corruption (solid coloured pink stuff) on the outer monitors.

SLI Compatibility Bits 0x02D04005 (LEGO Batman 2, etc.)

- GPU Usage = 98% (both GPUs)
- Framerate = 88 fps

Note: Even with all graphics settings maxed-out, SLI scaling remains pretty-much perfect (and no matter the view). The graphics corruption was also gone. FANTASTIC!

TEST #4 - Older Content
Same gfx settings as Test #3 from my OP (all graphics @ max except FXAA disabled and AA @ Lvl 2)
- Historic Eve F3
- Historic Spa
- In garage
- Night time
- Rain

Results

1x GPU = 60 fps
2x GPU (SLI) w/ default RF2 comp. bits = 52 fps
2x GPU (SLI) w/ "Lego" comp. bits = 103 fps

Conclusion: Until Nvidia sets it as default for rFactor 2, try SLI Compatibility Bits 0x02D04005 (LEGO Batman 2, etc.). The SLI experience, for me, goes from "broken" to great!

- Check out my positive Stock Car Extreme results here

Last edited:
I'll probably only use sims that have true triple screen support so probably no PCars

pCars is 100% Nvidia supported game. You can optimise pCars with Geforce Experience without editing settings with Nvidia Inspector or player files. No true triple screen support is needed pCars don't have any fisheye effect if right FOV and seat position are used. pCars has perfect SLI scaling and it looks and works amazing, how it drives is different story.;)
Easy peasy Spinn, I wish that rFactor2 GFX was also like this.:)

Last edited:
Project Cars, like any game without true triple screen support (independant monitor rendering), looks absolutely horrendous, disorientating, distorted and just plain terrible during triple screen usage. Not to mention, the peripheral vision will be much less for the same V.FOV. Same with Raceroom, Race 07, GT Legends, GTR 2, etc. Correct, 1:1 FOV or not.

I have been struggling with rFactor 2 graphics since beta was released in 2010 and I simply don`t understand why you are defending ISI all the time when it comes how bad gfx rF2 has. Latest Nvidia driver gives you 30-60 fps with default SLI profile and it is disgusting and annoying. rFactor 2 has True triple screen support but it is useless game is unplayable. WhiteShadow has made thread in ISI forums asking support from community. I don`t see your support in hes thread or in Nvidia forums. How come?
Yes you are right pCars don't have true triple screen support but you can at least play it if right FOV and seat position are used and it don`t look as bad as you describe and it looks much better then:
Your first post second picture. Resolution : 6000x1080 32 bit. Multiview has tick.:laugh:
You have: 3x BenQ XL2720T @ 120Hz. Your monitors should have resolution 5760x1080.:whistling:

Your first post second picture. Resolution : 6000x1080 32 bit. Multiview has tick.:laugh:
You have: 3x BenQ XL2720T @ 120Hz. Your monitors should have resolution 5760x1080.:whistling:

Uhm, Ari, that post was written before ISI included the "Ctrl =" triple screen tool. You remember, back when we did bezel correction in nVidia panel?

Uhm, Ari, that post was written before ISI included the "Ctrl =" triple screen tool. You remember, back when we did bezel correction in nVidia panel?
Thanks Emery.

Ari, I don't always defend ISI, far from that (look at my physics posts on their forums). All I said was that Project Cars, Raceroom, GT Legends, Race 07, GTR 2, etc. look absolutely horrendous on triples due to no triple independant monitor rendering.

It's actually the reason why I asked Steam for a refund (did SMS lie about plans to update the graphics engine to properly support triples?). Steam declined me though.

Last edited:
Post is written after release of rFactor 2 multiview UI but I know that hes using old style multiview with Nvidia bezel correction and that is my point.
rFactor 2 is not Nvidia supported game and that means that every time Nvidia releases new driver SLI scaling and FPS are different and this happens also when ISI is updating gMotor and releases new build.
ISI has been asked years to submit latest build of the rF2 executables to Nvidia so that an updated working SLI profile can be created but nothing happens, not one answer nothing. I keep hearing that IS is a small company or that there are so few who are using Nvidia SLI as excuse. This is nonsense after 5 years of development.
Driver 353.30 is a broken driver, non working 3D, surround (some mbo) etc. and there has been number of driver releases from Nvidia which don't work with rFactor 2.
My question is, how long time are we going to bee forced to use this broken driver?
Come on guys stop pretending that all is fine with rFactor2, turn on the heat in ISI forums and support WhiteShadow to get at least temporary SLI profile from Nvidia.
This is screen shot from Kristoff Rand, no multiview UI rFactor2: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/25620-Perfect-SLI-Scaling-w-rFactor-2-Great-Job-ISI!?p=372429&viewfull=1#post372429 . Does this "look absolutely horrendous on triples due to no triple independant monitor rendering."?

Last edited:
Totally agree about the drivers. SLI stuff is always a hit and miss depending on driver and 3D is broken with 353.30. Well, I only tried it (3D) with a single GPU but it screws up my GPU clocks and makes them run really, really slow so I get like 15 fps instead of 60+. And the GPU clocks stay screwed up after that for any game unless I restart my PC.

RF2 definitely has it's issues.

Not sure what you're talking about again regarding graphics rendering. There is no distortion/stretching in RF2. It has triple independent graphics rendering just like iRacing, Live For Speed, Assetto Corsa, and some other games.

Just kinda bumping this one. Never bothered with SLI settings before. But tonight I had to turn graphics to medium to be able to race in the Flat 6 Club Race with somewhat close to 60FPS... That was not acceptable. So I did the stuff from this thread, and voila. I was able to race with every single setting on Max/High/Ultra and had 120 FPS :)

Thanks @Spinelli

Totally agree about the drivers. SLI stuff is always a hit and miss depending on driver and 3D is broken with 353.30. Well, I only tried it (3D) with a single GPU but it screws up my GPU clocks and makes them run really, really slow so I get like 15 fps instead of 60+. And the GPU clocks stay screwed up after that for any game unless I restart my PC.
RF2 definitely has it's issues.

Nvidia 3D vision & SLI/lego bits is working fine with driver 353.45

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%