Perez signs for McLaren!!

If MGP doen't build a competitive car in the next two years, Hamilton will
a) be gone quickly because he isn't that patiant
b) will crash often because he gets frustrated and overdrives the car just like Schumi somtimes.

Just my prediction :D

Perez will be interesting to spot in the McLaren, although I don't expect him in the hunt for the titel 2013 (if the Mclaren isn't supirior to the other cars), because I think he isn't that consistant over the whole year.

really.. 3 podiums gets you a seat @ Mclaren?

3 podiums nevers gets you a Ferrari sit, it never does and it was a very good move from them...

as for Mclaren they are **** in terms of winning the constructors against RBR.

RBR might as well claim the Title now for 2013.

...thats my team point of view, but for Segio himself good job, clearly a top tier team wanted you. sooo good job.

to the team. LOL.
I agree, McLaren shouldn't be looking for drivers that have been hot this year, they should be going for drivers that have been hot for the last few years. They're a top team who can't afford to take risks with new drivers they need experienced drivers (like Hamilton and Button). I don't know how much time Kimi has on his contract, but he's a guy they should be looking to replace Hamilton.

All that said I do wish Perez the best and I don't hope for him to fail, I just think Ferrari is right in saying he's too inexperienced to be with a top team at the moment. One or two more years with an improving Sauber may have been a better decision IMO.

"For how many years have PEREZ signed?"

"2 year deal from what i´ve read"

"Wrong, Hamilton signed for 3 years"

Let me know if you can spot the failure :)
im not stupid, i can spot the failure from a mile off, however the source is correct also, and i believe i saw the very same contract "3 years" mentioned on sky, so the info i gave is not wrong :)

im not stupid, i can spot the failure from a mile off, however the source is correct also, and i believe i saw the very same contract "3 years" mentioned on sky, so the info i gave is not wrong :)
Nobody said you were stupid. The issue was this is a Perez/Mclaren thread which had really nothing to do with Hamilton.

The fact that you gave the right answer for Hamilton would be like answering what direction an apple eventually would take if i through it right up in the air.

Nobody said you were stupid. The issue was this is a Perez/Mclaren thread which had really nothing to do with Hamilton.

The fact that you gave the right answer for Hamilton would be like answering what direction an apple eventually would take if i through it right up in the air.
i shouldn't have posted it here, i know! , i got carried away i think :)

anyhow, should be interesting to see how well Sergio performs in a winning car, doing a 1-2 stoppers with Sauber is good, but with a mclaren? hopping he can do one stoppers and still pull very good results.

im hoping his talent will shine right through.

I don´t think we will see that type of tire management at Mclaren (largely the sauber is notorious for just that) but i do think he as an individual can manage tires very good.
Probably as good if not better then Button.

Mclaren will have two Button´s with the exception that i think Perez will have slightly better raw pace.

I don´t think we will see that type of tire management at Mclaren (largely the sauber is notorious for just that) but i do think he as an individual can manage tires very good.
Probably as good if not better then Button.

Mclaren will have two Button´s with the exception that i think Perez will have slightly better raw pace.
Probably that will Help them to design the car as the same kind of Driving styles both of them have

Guess those rumors about McLaren having Perez as the back up plan in case Hamilton left were true after all. I mean, it all happened within a matter of hours. Neither Mercedes nor Hamilton had officially announced the deal when McLaren had already announced Perez as the replacement.

Perez is one lucky dude..talk about luck.
I'm honestly super gutted right now that MS is finished in F1 ,but at the same time it gives me a very clear picture of LH's state of mind...this guy is obviously either given up on his F1 dream ..or he has a few marbles missing....perhaps money is more important to him these days
I always summarized LH as someone fairly confused when ouside of a F1 car

Well at least he retired Michael Schumacher.....thats something to brag about in the "hood'

Initially I was excited about the Perez move, but the more I think about it, the more I wonder if Mclaren have 'flew off the handle' and signed Perez on instinct. I also wonder how long the negotiations took??

I think if they would have tried to lure Kimi back he may have found it hard to resist, as he wants a win and Mclaren have obviously done that in recent races. Now that would be a pairing on a par with Lewis and JB.

Perez is one lucky dude..talk about luck.
I'm honestly super gutted right now that MS is finished in F1 ,but at the same time it gives me a very clear picture of LH's state of mind...this guy is obviously either given up on his F1 dream ..or he has a few marbles missing....perhaps money is more important to him these days
I always summarized LH as someone fairly confused when ouside of a F1 car

Well at least he retired Michael Schumacher.....thats something to brag about in the "hood'
Well Michael hasn't announced he's done yet and some people claim he could either go to Sauber or Ferrari. With Massa being below average this year and Ferrari being willing to replace him at the end of this year I wouldn't be too shocked to see Michael go there, but it is a long shot.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back