Perez signs for McLaren!!

What a shake up! Wow! Can't believe this all came to light in a matter of hours.

I've always liked Button and having Perez partner him is great. Although my love for Ferrari will always remain, McLaren will now be a very VERY close second.

Very happy for Perez, he's really had a good year and shown some great racing. I think the McLaren will fit him nicely. Looks like a strong team for next year if they can get a good car out on track.

Yea congratulations Checo, i think he can beat Button on a daily basis but it will be interesting to see how that duo works together.

Will be a strong team no doubt.
Well they May or May not have a best start as a team but they can do Brilliant Things
After 7 years of time i can Resume my Support to Mclaren
Also a Tough Competition for Sebastian, Fernando, Kimi and Jenson from the New Talent
Lets see How Checo Performs in the New team

Great news and good scoop Mr Hempsall.
Perez deserves a race winning car (no disrespect to Sauber). He seems to have "the magic". It would have been a shame to not let him have a shot at WDC.
Hamilton is a great racer and him at M/Benz will be an exciting prospect. MB just need to have 1/3 the improvement into next season that they showed into this season (remember where they were 2 seasons ago!) and it will be great racing.
Exciting stuff.

EDIT: McLaren have in my view the perfect blend now of youth and speed and experience and race craft.

Ferrari said "He is too inexperienced" (although I think we all know what he really meant). If McLaren and Perez have a succesful year next year, Ferrari will be very pissed (as we know Perez was a Ferrari academy driver, wasn't he?) and I will laugh my ass off. But we will see, as always only time will tell. There is only 5,5 months until the new season. :)

Anyway, he truly deserves a spot in the front-running team, hopefully he'll do well.

really.. 3 podiums gets you a seat @ Mclaren?

3 podiums nevers gets you a Ferrari sit, it never does and it was a very good move from them...

as for Mclaren they are **** in terms of winning the constructors against RBR.

RBR might as well claim the Title now for 2013.

...thats my team point of view, but for Segio himself good job, clearly a top tier team wanted you. sooo good job.

to the team. LOL.

Interesting moves all round...

I think Perez will do well at McLaren not so sure about Hamilton going the Mercedes though but I could be proved wrong I suppose...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back