Peoples opinion now of AC physics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Msportdan

@Simberia
Ive been watching a few of these RL vs AV comparison videos, an I'm surprised to see how much AC resembles the movements, corrections and handling of the real life videos. What are peoples opinion of AC latest physics and realism. Of course taking away the AI, is this a contender for most "authentic handling sim" in peoples opinion (not mine) I'm intrigued?

Last edited:
Just found out this video showing the kerb of death issue, that according to the developers was fixed among other things in the physics engine. Take into account that FR3.5 mod is made with real data.

By the way I believe this thread is about AC physics, so try to stay on topic.

Seems the usual parties are here with the usual arguments. Anybody want to start a pool as to how many more posts until this bad boy gets locked?

EDIT: You know ISI recently allowed some of their ovals to be converted to AC. I wish the user base got along as good as the actual developers do.

I love the logic.

"haha what do you want to prove, he must use steering limit/driving ads"

after being proved that it's not

"ok.... but look, rF2 sucks too!"

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Is not a matter of "rf2 sucks too", because I never said AC sucks, so don't use the word "too" in my place.

The point is that "easy/hard" is a subjective perspective, depending how experienced the person is. What does that prove? I bet if I put a person that never used a sim or drifted in real life, and he tries to drift or do the easy sliding thing in any sim, he will face difficulties and won't do it as well as an experienced player in the game. I bet he will have plenty of failed attempts until it comes a time that he does it with his eyes closed.
We can do the same analogy that doing tricks with a football is easy for Neymar and hard for an inexperienced person.

All those that scream that AC is unrealistic or too easy, haven't shown anyone anything valid to prove themselves. "What about that 7sec gif from Eduard?" It doesn't show the reality of how the bmw m3 e30 actually drifts in the game. There are plenty of videos on youtube that demonstrate that you need to be good with your steering and pedals inputs to drift this car. Eduard should make a complete video where he shows how the drift started and ended.

Just found out this video showing the kerb of death issue, that according to the developers was fixed among other things in the physics engine. Take into account that FR3.5 mod is made with real data.

By the way I believe this thread is about AC physics, so try to stay on topic.

And you are not supposed to lose grip when going full throttle through a cambered turn with 2 wheels on the kerb?
How is this a kerb of death issue?
How do you know the guy is not using a completely retarded setup?
Do you even know what the kerb of death issue was about?

Last edited:
I wish the user base got along as good as the actual developers do.
It might sound extreme, and maybe even stupid, but this is really the main reason which made me give up on rFactor 2 recently, after all. I really tried hard, but...
When a community becomes that toxic, it really demotivates me to want to join them.
Don't know why they're like that.:thumbsdown:

<Snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
It might sound extreme, and maybe even stupid, but this is really the main reason which made me give up on rFactor 2 recently, after all. I really tried hard, but...
When a community becomes that toxic, it really demotivates me to want to join them.
Don't know why they're like that.:thumbsdown:

<Snip>
Most of them actually used to be in the AC community, but they got kicked out due to idiotic behaviour. Of course they dont see it like that so now they are venting it off here, up to the point of trolling.
It's always funny how they completely ignore stronger arguments and only pick those they can troll against.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you even know what the kerb of death issue was about?

Classic issue of kerb of death is exactly this, hitting a kerb wit the unloaded (or less loaded) tyres and massive spin. Personally I have never seen anyone losing the car like that IRL, and they use it many times (even in the old layout when that kerb was even higher).

By the way the guy is a FSR WC driver (and not a bad one), very unlikely he is running a "retarded setup".

Classic issue of kerb of death is exactly this, hitting a kerb wit the unloaded (or less loaded) tyres and massive spin.

Video is way too short and doesn't show the last seconds before it happens.
And yes, we don't know his setup.
Finally, I've seen it happening in 100% of other racing simulations (not saying we should accept it though), including your beloved rFactor 2.
Actually I'll let people google "rFactor 2 kerb" and have a good laugh.:roflmao:

Oh yeah!
And it's another case of "why do you keep showing me videos of problems that never happened to ME?"
I never spinned like this when touching a kerb with "unloaded" tyres.
Weird, no? ;)

Last edited:

No throttle, pretty nuetral steering input.

Kerb of death is a thing. It's frequency was lessened when the devs divided all the car tyre's damping by 5 back in V0.8 Then it was still present but mugello became driveable. Then when they tried to fix camber at positive angles the bug went away (but they broke camber around 0 slip angle). But since they fixed camber in 1.5, kerb of death has definitely returned.

And no, this is not a weird or 'retarded' setup. This is the default setup (with TC turned off) that shipped with 1.2 of the F2002 which you can get here on RD. So you can judge for yourself if that's 'retarded'.

Last edited:

No throttle, pretty nuetral steering input.

Kerb of death is a thing. It's frequency was lessened when the devs divided all the car tyre's damping by 5 back in V0.8 Then it was still present but mugello became driveable. Then when they tried to fix camber at positive angles the bug went away (but they broke camber around 0 slip angle). But since they fixed camber in 1.5, kerb of death has definitely returned.

And no, this is not a weird or 'retarded' setup. This is the default setup (with TC turned off) that shipped with 1.2 of the F2002 which you can get here on RD. So you can judge for yourself if that's 'retarded'.
Again I dont see how this looks unreal or unrealistic. The kerb is not horizontal, it has some degree of banking on it. Also it is a flat surfaced kerb, it has no "teeth" that cause the frequency issue related to the kerb of death. As you hit the kerb the front left gets lifted up, and the rear left loses grip. When the rear wheel hits the kerb, the banking causes the wheels getting "pushed" away from the kerb on to the asphalt.

Have a look at 0:34. Regardless of driver skill, i think this is exactly what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 359 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%