PC1 Penalty and Corner Cutting in Project Cars

I love Project Cars I really do but there is one thing that irritates me to no end and it's the stupid penalty system with corner cutting.

Put even half a wheel over the curb - lap time invalidated!

Another car bumps you and you let one wheel off the track, - lap time invalidated!

This is really annoying when trying to do hot laps, you come to the last corner , your ahead of the ghost car and your car slides a few inches and - lap time invalidated.

On a track like nordschleife it's so annoying, I wonder if they have plans to either let you switch this off completely or relax it a bit?

• Deleted member 113561

I love Project Cars I really do but there is one thing that irritates me to no end and it's the stupid penalty system with corner cutting.

Put even half a wheel over the curb - lap time invalidated!

Another car bumps you and you let one wheel off the track, - lap time invalidated!

This is really annoying when trying to do hot laps, you come to the last corner , your ahead of the ghost car and your car slides a few inches and - lap time invalidated.

On a track like nordschleife it's so annoying, I wonder if they have plans to either let you switch this off completely or relax it a bit?
Its the same for everyone in Time Trial - so why do you complain?
There are strict track limits - so what? Just stay within it ...

Its the same for everyone in Time Trial - so why do you complain?
There are strict track limits - so what? Just stay within it ...

I see real race cars in qualifying and they slide off the side of the track with no penalty, so why us?

I understand if it's corner cutting and you gain an advantage but on the outside of the corner there is no advantage, in fact it's a disadvantage. SMS have got it wrong on this one.

"F1 rules dictate that a driver is not allowed to gain an advantage by going off the track."

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 113561

There are also a few tracks that allow far too much cutting and is a big advantage for those drivers who choose to ignore official FIA rules.
This racing game has classes which do not fall under FIA Rules (ie. roads cars)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 338 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 292 13.4%