F1 2010 Penalties for the AI as well as player?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm 100% sure that the AI are not subject to any penalties under 'realistic rules' - does anyone reckon it might be possible to mod something so that they are - or am I mistaken that they don't get penalised? After all, someone found a way to have AI engines blow and stuff like that!! If not, there's nothing for it but to go back to reduced rules - and I don't want to do that as I like having realistic rules.

Im not so sure they dont, i had a race one time where I seem to remember i went to overtake button and banged wheel with him resulting in a drive though pen so i decide to pit that lap to get it out off the way, i guess i was quite slow entering the pit-lane as buttons` car ghosted past me and he drove though the pit-lane without stopping at his box. I was really surprised to see this!!! it happened another time too.

Im not so sure they dont, i had a race one time where I seem to remember i went to overtake button and banged wheel with him resulting in a drive though pen so i decide to pit that lap to get it out off the way, i guess i was quite slow entering the pit-lane as buttons` car ghosted past me and he drove though the pit-lane without stopping at his box. I was really surprised to see this!!! it happened another time too.

Really?

Well, do you know what would be concrete proof? If you or anyone else has seen a time penalty applied to the AI at the end of a race, as they do sometimes (I've also had the AI do things during qualifying that would've resulted in a grid penalty if I'd done that - anyone ever seen the AI get a grid penalty?)

Mind you, what you said seems to be fairly solid evidence that the AI do get penalised during races at least - as you said, he basically did a stop/go. :)

Thanks for your reply. :)

I had something similar it was my scheduled pit stop and a Force India did just that he entered the pit before me and just carried on straight through. I was surely surprised :eek:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back