1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Penalties for the AI as well as player?

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by F1 2011 Rocks!, Dec 3, 2010.

1. I'm 100% sure that the AI are not subject to any penalties under 'realistic rules' - does anyone reckon it might be possible to mod something so that they are - or am I mistaken that they don't get penalised? After all, someone found a way to have AI engines blow and stuff like that!! If not, there's nothing for it but to go back to reduced rules - and I don't want to do that as I like having realistic rules.

2. Im not so sure they dont, i had a race one time where I seem to remember i went to overtake button and banged wheel with him resulting in a drive though pen so i decide to pit that lap to get it out off the way, i guess i was quite slow entering the pit-lane as buttons` car ghosted past me and he drove though the pit-lane without stopping at his box. I was really surprised to see this!!! it happened another time too.

3. Really?

Well, do you know what would be concrete proof? If you or anyone else has seen a time penalty applied to the AI at the end of a race, as they do sometimes (I've also had the AI do things during qualifying that would've resulted in a grid penalty if I'd done that - anyone ever seen the AI get a grid penalty?)

Mind you, what you said seems to be fairly solid evidence that the AI do get penalised during races at least - as you said, he basically did a stop/go. :)

Thanks for your reply. :)

4. I had something similar it was my scheduled pit stop and a Force India did just that he entered the pit before me and just carried on straight through. I was surely surprised :eek: