1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Penalties converted to new point system

Discussion in 'Simracing Team Challenge' started by Xosé Estrada, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

This happened very fast but considering we have a race in 3 days it was needed.

At the evident lack of fairness the old "time penalty" system had in this first races of the season we decided to switch to another "7 degree" one that penalizes in points and not in time to exclude the race gaps factor.

The new system (bold) will be:

No penalty / No penalty
    +15 sec / -2 points
    +30 sec / -4 points
    +60 sec / -6 points
    No points / - 8 points
    No points no Q / -10 points and no Q
    No points and DQ / -12 points and DQ

The penalties for Round 1 have been converted to this new system, and also the Round 2 ones were applied following this conversion.

A "grade 3" accident would still be a "grade 3" in the new scale so if you voted in concience and not considering who and how will be affected there won't be problems.

Thanks.

2. Thank you very much Xosé and David. Good solution.

3. Oh, so it is already decided. I do not agree fully on going forward with this system this season but ok.

4. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

We already had your point into consideration Andreas, that's why we converted the penalties since round 1, so is not change it in the middle of the season, is start a new season with this system.

We could do it because only 2 penalties from 1 race were applied, and it's a pity wait one full year to do it, time goes very fast in simracing and who knows if we will be talking about very different things when whe have rF2, like live marshalls etc.

5. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

If you changed the penalties from Round One, do we get our positions back from Spa after we lost about 3positions because of a penalty?

6. Hmm that changed quick.

7. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Yes, but you got -6 points penalty at the same time.

8. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Yes, but only chance to do it for this year.

Imagine if we apply the penalties for round 2 and we discuss this while we decide penalties for round 3... this way it's done, is more fair, and we can continue from here with no more issues.

9. This is where I think this system is lacking (as I have said before). What if it was a win. Sure they lost some points but keepeing their place. If it was a win it could be the decider in a tiebreaker. This is the only gripe I have with this system.

A related note: It takes so damn long to come to a conclusion every time there is an investigation. Any thoughts of cutting the votation period to like maximum 5 days or something?

10. I think Xosé always allow to the monday/tuesday before next race as investigation period as much, wich is fine in my opinion. But maybe setting a 3 Days period would be enough.

11. same here: loyalty first but personally would have taken it a bit more easy.

12. It is just that this season I will be bringing the results of the penalties to the public (on the STC site) so that our followers knows what is going on but for it to take 12 days is a bit much imo and its loses it news appeal.

13. Sounds fantastic Andreas, you are right we need to set the polls with a native deadline.

14. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

I close it inmediatly when the 12 people votes, or the thursday before the race, but I will try to provide you faster answers (this is a note for the TS).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.