Penalties converted to new point system

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happened very fast but considering we have a race in 3 days it was needed.

At the evident lack of fairness the old "time penalty" system had in this first races of the season we decided to switch to another "7 degree" one that penalizes in points and not in time to exclude the race gaps factor.

The new system (bold) will be:

No penalty / No penalty
+15 sec / -2 points
+30 sec / -4 points
+60 sec / -6 points
No points / - 8 points
No points no Q / -10 points and no Q
No points and DQ / -12 points and DQ

The penalties for Round 1 have been converted to this new system, and also the Round 2 ones were applied following this conversion.

A "grade 3" accident would still be a "grade 3" in the new scale so if you voted in concience and not considering who and how will be affected there won't be problems.

Thanks.

We already had your point into consideration Andreas, that's why we converted the penalties since round 1, so is not change it in the middle of the season, is start a new season with this system.

We could do it because only 2 penalties from 1 race were applied, and it's a pity wait one full year to do it, time goes very fast in simracing and who knows if we will be talking about very different things when whe have rF2, like live marshalls etc.

Yes, but you got -6 points penalty at the same time.

This is where I think this system is lacking (as I have said before). What if it was a win. Sure they lost some points but keepeing their place. If it was a win it could be the decider in a tiebreaker. This is the only gripe I have with this system.

A related note: It takes so damn long to come to a conclusion every time there is an investigation. Any thoughts of cutting the votation period to like maximum 5 days or something?

I think Xosé always allow to the monday/tuesday before next race as investigation period as much, wich is fine in my opinion. But maybe setting a 3 Days period would be enough.

I think Xosé always allow to the monday/tuesday before next race as investigation period as much, wich is fine in my opinion. But maybe setting a 3 Days period would be enough.

It is just that this season I will be bringing the results of the penalties to the public (on the STC site) so that our followers knows what is going on but for it to take 12 days is a bit much imo and its loses it news appeal.

It is just that this season I will be bringing the results of the penalties to the public (on the STC site) so that our followers knows what is going on but for it to take 12 days is a bit much imo and its loses it news appeal.

I close it inmediatly when the 12 people votes, or the thursday before the race, but I will try to provide you faster answers (this is a note for the TS).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back