Pedals swinging

Hi folks.
I could not find any posts on the subject so I decided to create this.
recently I realized that my g27 pedals were swinging, I'm driving and they begin to work alone, it makes me angry.
the options, could not find a dead zone option.
I have opened the pedals and cleaned, improved, but after two weeks they return to oscillate
NEED HEEELP.
thank you

I think the Brake Gamma setting kinda works as a deadzone in AC. I recently adjusted the throw of the brake pedal on my CSR Elites and noticed they were sticking a little bit and would't quite fully release, the brake meter on my pedal app would kind flicker on and off. Added about 0.1 to the brake gamma and now it seems to work fine (the pedal still sticks just a bit but the game doesn't register it anymore).

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I know what you are going through @felipe silva diasd. For me unfortunately that was the moment to say goodbye to the G27 and welcome the T500RS.

Spiking pedals are never a good sign. If you are sure that you properly cleaned the case and potentiometers, make sure to check with Logitech if your wheel is still covered by warranty. If so they'll send you a new one. If not, try cleaning them again to make sure that dust isn't the evil genius.

While cleaning be surprised what you might find inside the case. I've found half a cup of coffee, an old lunch, socks, empty beer cans, a diner, an entire G25 (still in it's original box), breakfast, a dune of dust, small coins and an ex-girlfriend I haven't seen in years. Once you are sure the case is entirely empty, grease em all up and test again.

What do u mean when u say u cleaned the inside ? Did you just dusted it off or did u actually cleaned the potentiometers ? My g27 pedals had the same problem 3 months ago. I opened them up and sprayed some contact cleaner in the potentiometers. Havent had a problem since. Contact cleaner is a special spray designed to clean electrical circuits like the one in your potentio meter, your local hardware store should have it. U dont even have to open the meters just spray some trough the 3 little holes, wait aproximetly 30 min and put it back together and test it out.

Goodluck mate hope u get your pedals to work again.

Last edited:
Probably you have dying pots, my 6 year old G27 has it and it can be fixed in two ways.
One is replacing the pots, you can find the specs on the web and buy one in a local electronic stuff store.
The second way is using a software called DIView where you can assign a deadzone for all games you play. I personally have to use 30% on both ends of my pedals.

Last edited:
Probably you have dying pots, my 6 year old G27 has it and it can be fixed in to ways.
One is replacing the pots, you can find the specs on the web and buy one in a local electronic stuff store.
The second way is using a software called DIView where you can assign a deadzone for all games you play. I personally have to use 30% on both ends of my pedals.
So that's the secret! Thanks for the tip! I should do this to my 3 year-old G27, so I can drive as fine as you do :)

Hi folks.
I could not find any posts on the subject so I decided to create this.
recently I realized that my g27 pedals were swinging, I'm driving and they begin to work alone, it makes me angry.
the options, could not find a dead zone option.
I have opened the pedals and cleaned, improved, but after two weeks they return to oscillate
NEED HEEELP.
thank you
Deadzones in AC are below each axis assignation in the control setup page. There's a slider with the text "Range" next to it and you can adjust both ends.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%