Pedals broke down: repair or new set?

Hi guys

I need some expert advice.

I use a modest Thrustmaster T100.
Yesterday my accelerator broke during a race after having it for a year and a half. After opening the pedal set I noticed that one of the torsion springs had cracked.

My first set encountered a similar fate, but that didn’t happen during racing.

Although the T100 is a good entry level set, since I started to do more simracing I regretted the limited setup options and the limited steering range. So I could consider a new steering wheel but trying to fix it also works for me (if it's easy).
But I’m just a casual, clubracer, so high level stuff (Fanatec and the like) is just too expensive for my needs.

The options I see are:

-Fixing it but then I somehow have to find an apt torsion spring. Installing seems quite complicated to me.
-Buying a T3PA (not the pro) pedal set from Thrustmaster. It is compatible with the T150 and others. The T100 is no longer on the Thrustmaster site so I can’t check compatibility. The T3PA has the same connecter as my current pedals. So I think it should work. The reviews of the T3PA are quite positive.
-Buying a T150. It has an improved steering range, but the pedalset seems as fragile as the T100.
-Buying a more expensive steering wheel: T300RS or G27 (budget +/-300 euro).The main reason to get these wheels is hopefully a more sturdy pedalset: more parts in metal, better springs… If they aren’t any better, I won’t get it.

So my questions:
-Is it possible to change (with reasonable ease) springs on this kind of entry level set?
-Is a T3PA compatible with a T100 steering wheel?
-How sturdy are the pedals on a G27 or T300RS?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back