• "I'm going to pee in your seat" - Jenson Button
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Pedals broke down: repair or new set?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by red bullet, Jun 1, 2016.

1. red bullet

red bullet
    Premium

Ratings:
    +24
    Hi guys

I need some expert advice.

I use a modest Thrustmaster T100.
    Yesterday my accelerator broke during a race after having it for a year and a half. After opening the pedal set I noticed that one of the torsion springs had cracked.

My first set encountered a similar fate, but that didn’t happen during racing.

Although the T100 is a good entry level set, since I started to do more simracing I regretted the limited setup options and the limited steering range. So I could consider a new steering wheel but trying to fix it also works for me (if it's easy).
    But I’m just a casual, clubracer, so high level stuff (Fanatec and the like) is just too expensive for my needs.

The options I see are:

-Fixing it but then I somehow have to find an apt torsion spring. Installing seems quite complicated to me.
    -Buying a T3PA (not the pro) pedal set from Thrustmaster. It is compatible with the T150 and others. The T100 is no longer on the Thrustmaster site so I can’t check compatibility. The T3PA has the same connecter as my current pedals. So I think it should work. The reviews of the T3PA are quite positive.
    -Buying a T150. It has an improved steering range, but the pedalset seems as fragile as the T100.
    -Buying a more expensive steering wheel: T300RS or G27 (budget +/-300 euro).The main reason to get these wheels is hopefully a more sturdy pedalset: more parts in metal, better springs… If they aren’t any better, I won’t get it.

So my questions:
    -Is it possible to change (with reasonable ease) springs on this kind of entry level set?
    -Is a T3PA compatible with a T100 steering wheel?
    -How sturdy are the pedals on a G27 or T300RS?