1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PCIE Soundcard wich one to get

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Michael Herrmann, Apr 25, 2010.

1. hi guys
    looking for some advice, i have some soundcard trubbles wich couse bad lag in atm i have a
    Soundmax SupremeFX II that came with my Asus Rampage Formula but i get sound lookups
    in offline play and online as example in GTR2,GTL or Race07 cars are flashing in race i can fix it
    with alt tabbing but that dosent work in GTL or GTR2, i will over this week do a complete reinstall
    of my system and hope to fix that issue but if this not helps i guess the card i have
    now is broken so i will then need a replacement wich of these 2 cards you would get personaly
    i tend more to the Xonar as i was not realy pleased with the Creative driver support

ASUS-XONAR-DXXD-SOUNDKARTE-71-PCIE

CREATIVE-X-FI-XTREME-AUDIO-PCIE-BULK

thanks in advance
    Michael

2. The last dedicated audio card I used was the original SB Live, I have used onboard audio ever since but last year when upgrading I went for a Xonar D2X and have to say it is awesome, sound quality and volume is way better than all previous onboard audio and latest onboard audio on my GA-X58A-UD7 and game performance seems better.

Personally I wouldn't have a Creative card, I have problems with Creative kit going right back to AWE cards, their drivers and support are absolute Crap, so I would recommend the Asus.

Regards

3. same i expirence with creative since the live i had from them the awe 64 i had was pretty fine but from them there support went down the drain
    and drivers sucked so i might get for the xonar thanks Eyghon-RD

4. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

most people i speak to now say get the Asus Xonar. A lot of people have problems with Creative X-FI stuff, I had massive problems under bista. it was hell for a bit. Since I went to windows seven and the newer drivers for it It hasn't skipped a beat in 8 months so I quite like it. It you get into the soudncard hell position though its awfull, really awfull.
    Ive got the PCI champion series and love it.

5. i found out that its probaly not even a soundcard issue as all the games like race07,GTR2 and GTL works fine under win xp
    so its might be a win7 issue maybe some software like premiere pro cs4 installed a not compatible codec or such
    will install win7 new and see what happens anyway from now i will use win xp for raceing till i find the time to install win 7 new
    anyway thanks for your response and tips :) butt he Xonar will move on my list of things to get in the near future

6. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson

btw i have the stryker ii extreme motherboard. I'll send you my soundcard to try if it doesn't work :)

7. Asus Xonar IS the one to get.

8. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson

well i needed the 1/4inch jacks and front panel midi much more than i needed a headache free life :)

9. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

I'm not an expert for PCIE soundcards but I recently went for an extern DualUSB card by Aureon which both lets me connect my headset to it and provide me a superb sound when I have my Creative audio system connected to it.