PC1 pCars - to buy or not to buy?

You might find some helpful information for Pcars here:
http://en.pcars.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Physics

Here's a video showing the tire deformation at work in-game. Unfortunately, this feature doesn't show in the replays.
Pcars Tire Deformation

Again, the default car setups are designed to be "safe" in order to accommodate game-pad users across all platforms. There is a planned update coming later to implement the saving of more custom setups for wheel users.

as much as I like rf2.. the deformation looks more realistic in this. Rf2 is too overdone and looks like the tyres are underinflated>!

as much as I like rf2.. the deformation looks more realistic in this. Rf2 is too overdone and looks like the tyres are underinflated>!

If you use a car in pCARS with a lot of tire sidewall (like the 90's Stock Car) and run low pressures, you can get some funky effects as well. :) Granted, it won't necessarily drive well, but tire deformation visually in sims is still kind of wonky in general. Honestly, I think people put way too much importance on something that really isn't seen much in action.

I was just thinking about the stock clio in rf2 has the effects like its underinflated. that's all. even running normal pressures.

in pcars you can make it intentionall look odd. rf2 every car it looks odd regardless ;)

how this effects the physics however is another story. what game does it better?

how this effects the physics however is another story. what game does it better?

In most cases, the visual effect is usually not tied to the visuals. I think they both have situations where it looks natural and when it's unnatural. In my own opinion, it will still be a generation or two away from sims when it looks believable in all scenarios.

I can't remember with rF2, but at least with pCARS the effect is not in the replays. The physics data needed to show the deformation is not exported for the replay at this time.

I am a senior member since first day of public alpha/beta and I purchased it just now for 25€, I get also Limited Edition and some Pre-Order Extra, whatever it means, because I haven˙t followed game very carefuly in last months. As I remember, I loved small formulas Ford half a year ago and that is good enough for me, because I can˙t drive them in any other racing game (I uninstaled netKAR Pro long time ago).

I will say for now just wait and play something else. I haven't tried MP yet but AI is quite disappointing for me. I watched an old review by Empty Box and he praised AI, so I preordered the game, believing that "even after MP of this game is dead in the future, I could still have nice SP game and eye candies". But I just tried Formula A at Imola and Superkart250 at Road America with 100% AI, and the experience was quite bad.

AI crash way too often, and I have never seen so many car flips in any game. Even when the AI is positioned #1, it can take a corner in a manner way too aggressive and flip itself. Sometimes I even feel that I am playing NFS:MW. I'm a slow driver, and I could barely keep up with 85% AI of GSC and AC, but at least for Superkart250 in PCars, 100% AI is way too slow. I wish they could fix this problem soon.

The game does look gorgeous at Ultra graphics settings. Also it runs quite well. I have a GTX770, and I could turn almost everything to Highest possible (anti-aliasing is too much for my computer), and still have 30FPS in thunderstorm and 60FPS in clear at 1920*1080 while recording a video using bandicam. With everything on low, I could run triple monitor at over 100FPS while playing in clear, and when I record video with bandicam I could reach over 90FPS.

The game's good looking and fun, and I would definitely recommend it to any of my friends. However if you are asking whether you should buy it now at full price (can people still get those bonus cars now?), I don't think that's a particularly good deal at the moment. If you have something else to play and you are still enjoying it, keep doing that and come back after PCars get more improved.

Yes the AI at 100% can be a little crazy aggressive - i found 88% is surprisingly good , there very fast .

To all , don't have AI at 100% start at 75 and work your way up till you find the setting most suitable to your style of driving - because they are at 80% won't mean there to slow :)

This in my short view, is an excellent game, much better than assetto, only problem i am finding is setting up the G27 with the game, steering rotation way to much, most corners it needs to be turned to 120 plus.
I think now that its launched we will all have our opinion

If you want a sim, don't get PCars. If you like the casual racegame, with a bit of realism, go get it. Its as easy as that.

As Johm said before me: "an excellent GAME"
Nice to get your quick racing fix, bad if you really want to go in deeply.

My more in-depth review can be found here -
A Racer Worth Parking in Your Gaming Library

G27 owners - I found the following helped a lot
(Special note to G27 owners if you use the Logitech software game Profiler and are having FFB problems – it seems the Profiler and Project Cars do not work well together. Once you set up the profile you want to use for Project Cars you are advised to not have the Profiler running when you start up the game.)

These menus are so extensive - How can someone who has had pCars for less than a day or two make a decision that quickly?

First of all, get the AI off 100%. I'm glad that you are that fast but if you really need to dial it down and see what their behavior is like at, say, 85-90%..

At the same time, I agree with your advice to others. If you have something else that you are enjoying then just hold off. Maybe shoot down to your local gamestore and see if they have a demo running on a console. Then make a decision.

There is not much time needed to feel if something is within your preferences or not. It has nothing to do with menu's. Menu's are only there to lead you to the gameplay and setup.
I directly feel this title is easy to pick up. Drive 2 laps with any car, and you will know what you can do with it.

This is just a pick-up racegame. Nothing wrong with that, but it is a big disapointment when you expect a simulator.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%