PC1 Pcars funding is nearly complete.

300k+ invested this month, so it's possible funding will be completed anytime within the next few months as only about 300-400k remains.
December might be a tight month, but it might also be the last month as people get in before the door shuts.

My understanding is approx 270k units must be sold to break even.

Some interesting thoughts at WMD regarding game sales.....some think competing with GT5 etc is possible, but GT5 is an established $60million game.
One thing that strikes me as funny about this is that PC gamers/sim racers are effectively funding a console racer, as that's where the bulk of sales are supposed to come from.

When Shift1 was first advertised, it came with all sorts of promises and potential, but we've been there and done that, so I'm thinking that exceeding Shift1 sales will be impossible......it then becomes a question of the point of this game if it's just Shift3 with less cars.

I don't think anyone would assume less than the break even mark of approx 260k units, but going hyper seems unlikely to me.

re-funding, looks like it'll be done this year.

I would wait about 4 years, that way it will be offered in Steam for £5 That's if you can afford that :)

You know, money is not the problem here. The attitude during some threads here put me off. However, there are some interesting things in some of the "packages" in the funding. But, I still have some questions, never got an answer on the 'contact' form. And I cannot know if my answer is answered in the FAQ, as I have to pay to get the forum rights to read it!

Oh man, thats good, and bad! lol
I wish i could have the money already. Would love to get a Seniro Manager account.
Too until January for me, any account is expensive lol.
I don't know, but if this racing game can have a good physics/handling next to rFactor 2, i guess I won't play any other racing title for a looong time.
Wish also they could add realistic seasons for F2, F1 with full lenght races, pit strategy, tyre wear and fuel management, oh man how i wish this.
Thanks for the info KAMPFBIBER81

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 404 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 274 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 264 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.7%
  • < 5 years