PC2 PC2 + AMD - Crossfire issues, bad shadow flickering, blackouts, low FPS

Dirk Steffen

Porsche Factory Jackass™
Premium
So far I cannot get PC2 to run.

GPU usage is never consistent and varies wildly between both GPUs with a final frame rate hovering anywhere between 25 - 50 FPS.
I have tried dealing all graphics settings to lowest settings except a few items one really needs to set a little higher.

Shadow settings are very sketchy and I receive very bad shadow flickering and on low or off settings the 3D rendering will actually go completely dark intermittently (!!!).

I have bought PC2 specifically one day before release so I could benefit from the season pass and bonus content while leaving the refund option open.
So far I have spend more than an hour just in the settings menus and trying to get this to work.

I do see potential, so I tend to think about rather keeping it, although it is completely unusable in it's current state (as if I had not expected any different !@#$% ).

Anyone else experiences Crossfire issues, bad shadow flickering, blackouts and unusable frame rates?

Did you force the PC2 Crosssfire Profile from the Radeon Driver Settings? It solved all of the mentioned issues beside flickering for me. Running a 2x 280X Setup and getting it smooth over 60fps on medium settings. Single GPU I had 45-50fps on low settings. Seems like the profile is running pretty fine once set up correctly.

Yes, I did try all variations of the crossfire profile :-(

I have to do the same in Assetto Corsa as well in order to have both GPUs fully used (in AC I have to enforce Optimize 1:1).

In some profiles I have massive flickering, in others I have these strange blackouts (never ever have seen something like it).

It looks like literally the light gets switched off - the game runs normally in the background - sound output, controls, everything seems to work fine, UI elements are unaffected but the entire rendering scene is lowered in illumination like someone switches the light off and it is pitch black dark.

This happens intermittently and frankly is unusable to race when it happens.

Regarding frame rate the best I had was ~40 - 50 FPS (way too choppy to race) and with heavy shadow flickering.

Today I experimented with different AMD driver revisions and again … no dice - I actually seemed to have screwed up my perfectly rock solid stable setup now :-(

I will give this thing some more time before trying to get it to run again.
That I am again extremely disappointed by the makers of pCars is an understatement.
This time though I absolutely knew what I was getting into.

On the bright side though I must say I am really happy they finally got the triple screen setup done right now (I just wish it would be live while sitting in the car, so fine tuning would be much less cumbersome than rebooting the game every time you make a setting change.

At this point I can only recommend anyone with an AMD GPU crossfire setup to stay away from PC2 and wait for a few update cycles from both PC2 and AMD driver revisions before buying PC2.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back