F1 2011 (PC) Why are you not interested in RD racing club races ?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello to everyone,
its friday evening and i found it very strange, that of all of people registred here we will take part in RD club race only 4.
Does almost everyone here own only xbox or ps3 ? or for what reason PC owners are not racing in club races. I would like to know what is the reason. If you will be so kind and reply, the guys who are hosting these events can make some changes to attract more ppl to racing in club races.
Thank you for reading i hope we will see each other in the race.
Jan Masek

I think this community is a big jump compared to other games. People like Andrew supported me.
I still remember,.. 20 years ago the games were free of bugs and today it`s a real shame. Everbody knows about these bugs at CM but nobody solved it. To be serious, if I had presented my boss a software with so heavy bugs, he would kick my ass.

I just find the whole RD online race organisation quite elitist to be honest.
I can race with no aids, but I enjoy racing with some aids on more.

I would race online for fun and enjoyment rather than serious die-hard competition, but I can't do that because no one will race with any aids on.

Kinda spoils the game a bit.

I just find the whole RD online race organisation quite elitist to be honest.
I can race with no aids, but I enjoy racing with some aids on more.

I would race online for fun and enjoyment rather than serious die-hard competition, but I can't do that because no one will race with any aids on.

Kinda spoils the game a bit.

I sort of know what you mean, but I disagree with the 'elitist' part.

End of the day, anyone can organise a race, at any time of day they wish, with whatever assists, weather, rules they want.
If other people dont want to sign up for it due to the various settings, thats their choice.
I dont see how that makes someone who choses not to race some kind of elitest.
Nor do I see how someone setting up a race with NO assists and the hope that people are sportsmen and respect the RD rules to be elitest either.

Whatever you hope to get out of an RD Club race, its a fact that you cannot have either casual fun, enjoyment or even 'die-hard' competition when people are driving wrecklessly with no repect to fellow racers or the RD rules. Folks who have come to expect mutual respect on-track and a sensible discussion about incidents post race, with lessons learned should not be labeled elitest IMO.

We all make mistakes on track, its what we do afterwards that makes the difference. How we handle the situation on-track and on the forum.

Just gotta look at some of the comments from last nights Suzuka bumper-car bonanza to see that things arent changing!
We can dress this up as many different ways as people like, but its on-track thugs (not newbies) and no enforcement of the rules we should all be able to enjoy (regardless of whether its your 1st or 1000th race) that have driven people away from RD Club.

I didn't see or read 'elitist' .. I read and saw 'regulars' and they are different to me as the regularly race together and got to know each other. I don't mostly due to my time constraints. When I get more time, I intend to join but that'll not be until much later next year.

Maybe the word 'elitest' was a slightly strong one to use.
But it does make the racing clubs seem very unwelcoming and unobtainable for people that prefer to race with some of the aids on.

I think seeing the phrase Banned next to a lot of the options is a bit unwelcoming.
Its effectively saying that if you want to use assists, you can't race with us.

I don't see the harm in allowing assists in races, for those that choose to use them. Ultimately those that choose not to use them will usually be faster, so what does it matter to them?

It's easy and I don't think this has to be discussed. If you want race with assists just create one and people who want will join. I would do this back in F1 2010 because the ABS and TC weren't so big advantage but in F1 2011 TC and ABS give huge advantage especially in the wet. The main point I race only in no assist races is because I like it this way but I don't like to race with people who have that big handicap.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back