PC Upgrading Discussion

i bought a Q6600 at the start of the year with a 9800 GX2, cpu is not overclocked (its watercooled) as i dont have a need to oc it yet. All games run brilliant on my setup including crysis at high seting 1600*1200 reso. tbh i cannot see any games coming out in the future that will tax the system for a year or 2 yet. yes the GX2 is power hungry but with the release of the new cards the price will have dropped and it could be worth thinking about now for those thinking of upgrading

All my new purchases are up and runnign im now gooner buy the new samsung f1 hdd but which samsung cd, dvd rom drive to get ? I have seen alot. Im really a cheap scate so i would like to spend the least amount of money possible :)

I'm gonner change to a SATA dvd/cd rom Drive as they have smaller cables and don't sound as loud. so cable management would be good And i wouldn't have a shouting dvd/cd rom drive.

I was looking at these dvd/cd rom on play.com but i didn't know whether they were any good

Can't really go wrong as long as you stick with known manufactures
LG, Samsung, Optiarc (Sony).

If noise is a big concern then best bet is reading reviews. I can say that the HP I have is noisy as hell.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%