pc upgrade

Right people need some help advice on pc parts,:confused:

currently i running a basic pc with, amd athlon 2 x4 620 processor, ati radeon hd 5700 gpu, gigabyte ga-m61pme-s2p, with x2 2gb (ddr2-800 ddr2 sdram), 600 watt psu:rolleyes:

i wanna upgrade my motherboard and and processors, and add an anougher radeon hd 5700, and up my ram to, these are the items i,ve selected can i have people opinions on the the stuff i,ve selected as i,m not very good with pcs would what i,ve choose be much of an upograde, :confused:
thanks in advance

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/viewcart.php

That link takes me to a basket that is empty and presumably my own instead of yours. Perhaps you can link the items individually from their pages instead of your shopping basket?

wow my box of bits have turn up, and all i can say is i aint no good with pc,s i think fitting these could be a little bit beyond my knowledge, if theres anyone from on here living near oxfordshire area with good pc skills wanna earn some extra cash, think i,m going to need help here, lol i can travel too, HELPS PLEASE

Neil, if you are able to run teamspeak from a laptop during the install of those parts, perhaps I can talk you through the install. Most important part of the install is to remove the brass standoff's that are in the case to hold the motherboard unless you are sure they are in the right place for the new motherboard. You will need to add some as well if there are places on the motherboard that have mounting holes but don't have the standoff in the right place in the case.

Usually the easiest way to install everything would be to remove as much as possible from the case so you have a clean look at what you are doing. Assemble the motherboard/CPU/Graphics card/memory before you put into the case and then carefully lower the whole thing in and get it lined up. Some motherboards do however have a mounting hole right below where the CPU fits, so be looking for that. If that is the case, mount the motherboard first and then be very careful when installing the CPU and Heatsink.

ahhh great advice again cheers jim, just realised i carnt do install any off it yet,lol i was planning on using my old amd quad core until my hex core turn up, but but realised new stuff is amd3 and old bits are amd2+, so i,ll have to wait awhile anyways,lol

I'm going to upgrade my PC as well. My current PC is:
ASUS P5LD2 motherboard, Intel P4D 2,8Ghz, MSI N9600GT (nVidia), 2GB DDR 2 RAM at 667 Mhz.

I'm thinking about the following things:
motherboard: Gigabyte GA770T-D3L
cpu: AMD Athlon II x2 250 AM3 3,00Ghz.
memory: 2048MB DDR3 1600Mhz Kingmax (will put 2GB more in it as soon as I get Win 7)

And I'm thinking about changing the video card as well to a Radeon HD5670. I see very mixed test results however comparing them, but I'm not sure that my 9600GT is still as good as it was (it's 3 years old), so it might be worth changing it! What do you think?

Edit: I might take the Athlon II x4 640 instead the x2 250 maybe, as it's not "that much" more expensive.

I would personally go with the X4 instead of the X2 mainly so that you won't have to upgrade as quickly. I would also consider buying the pair of 2GB ram dimm's together as there are sometimes deals when you buy the pair, not to mention you will be running dual channel mode which gives your system 128bit access to ram instead of 64bit. The rest of what you wish to buy looks good and should do the trick. My system is similar to what you wish to upgrade to and I am playing Race with all the options turned up to max except full screen anti alias which I never use.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%