F1 2012 [PC] Official Xbox Wheel Trouble

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm having trouble with my Xbox wheel whilst racing. Other games seem to be OK but F1 2012 only seems to recognise the first 180 degrees of steering input out of the 270 available.

Does anyone know of a way to calibrate the wheel properly with this game or is it something I will be stuck with?

Thanks,
MikeUK.

I'm having trouble with my Xbox wheel whilst racing. Other games seem to be OK but F1 2012 only seems to recognise the first 180 degrees of steering input out of the 270 available.

Does anyone know of a way to calibrate the wheel properly with this game or is it something I will be stuck with?

Thanks,
MikeUK.
I've never had this problem and i have been using that wheel for a long time. What makes you think that the wheel isn't turning? Is there anyway you could post a video?

The only other thing i could say would be to check your steering sat and steering lin settings.
My wheel settings are
3%
5%
40%
0%
0%
0%
0%

I can tell simply by looking at the wheel.

Turning the wheel turns the wheel on the screen. After turning my wheel about 90 degrees either left or right, the wheels on the screen are at 100% of their turning radius. Trying the same thing on a game such as GTR2 means that turning my wheel 100% turns the virtual wheel 100%. Advanced settings in the game seems to make no difference.

I can make a video if you still need one but I don't think you will benefit from it any more than this post describes.

EDIT: I may also point out that this is playing on the PC using the wireless adapter.

Thanks,
MikeyUK

I can tell simply by looking at the wheel.

Turning the wheel turns the wheel on the screen. After turning my wheel about 90 degrees either left or right, the wheels on the screen are at 100% of their turning radius. Trying the same thing on a game such as GTR2 means that turning my wheel 100% turns the virtual wheel 100%. Advanced settings in the game seems to make no difference.

I can make a video if you still need one but I don't think you will benefit from it any more than this post describes.

EDIT: I may also point out that this is playing on the PC using the wireless adapter.

Thanks,
MikeyUK

I have never been able to make the setting so that the wheel in my hands matches the movements of the wheel on screen. I've just had to learn to ignore it. I'm not sure there is a setup that can make the wheels synced properly on the xbox.
Maybe one of the PC guys will know of something you can do on the PC

Edit - it can be particualry annoying to have the wheels out of sync if you use cockpit view to race (which i do) but it is easy to ignore after a while.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back