F1 2011 (PC) Lost FPS all of a sudden and now cant play.

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi, i posted on the codemasters forum but not getting any replies :(

I am not sure if the problem is with the game or my system. I have tried every single fix i have found to try fix my FPS problem including the replay file fix and the rapture sound. The issue i am having is that no matter what setting i run the game on i get 17/18 FPS. I have all the latest drivers and patches for the game(the problem did not start right after a patch was installed and have reinstalled and applied the various patches in offline mode). The thing is though the game always ran at 50-60fps on ultra/high settings then all of a sudden when i started the game up one day it dropped. Menus are fine, its just the racing. This happened with F1 2010 as well, no other games though. Both are box versions.

I had not made any changes to my system. I have no mods installed. I have tried uninstalling, repairing everything.
My GPU runs at +/- 97% and my 4 cores at about 60% when racing. Initially i though it may be a CPU bottleneck but my GPU is running fine.

I would appreciate any suggestions to try fix this, really loving the game.

System specs:
Geforce GTX 260 896MB
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs)
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Windows 7 64bit

Please let me know if you want any other info.

Thanks

It happened to me, twice. First when I installed the game and a second time few weeks ago. As it appeared so it went away without that I did nothing. It was very annoing (17-18 fps as soon as the game load the track) and I don't know way it happened.

Its soooo frustrating!!! EXACTLY the same issue with 2010. Also happened when i first installed. Nearly sent it back but it worked the next day. Its like the game has moods and right now its menstrating.

Guess i have to wait to out, then play the hell out of it until it breaks again.

Its soooo frustrating!!! EXACTLY the same issue with 2010. Also happened when i first installed. Nearly sent it back but it worked the next day. Its like the game has moods and right now its menstrating.

Guess i have to wait to out, then play the hell out of it until it breaks again.

Same here, went and bought a four core processor and was getting almost 70 pfs and now only 17 or 18.

I had this after I installed an Nvidia driver (for GTX 570) I fixed it by opening device manager and rolling back the driver. With me even in the garage I was only getting 12fps and it was unplayable. A new Nvidia driver came out the other day and I installed it and F1's still fine so if it was an issue Nvidia have fixed it. But you could try rolling back.

I've tried every driver available and it didnt help, think i have 6 or 7 different versions downloaded on my pc. What i did do yesterday was shutdown my pc for the whole day while i was at work and when i got back booted it up and presto it worked again. I had tried shutting down before but turning it back on straight away but that didnt work. Could it be a heat issue? i havnt monitored temps so dont know. Getting 40-50 fps now and can play again :) When ( not if ) it breaks again ill try that and see if it works again.

The same thing happened to me. I played on ultra in september and october without any problems. After a short break i play again last week and on ultra i get 20-23 fps, everything low or off i get maximum 30 fps...

I've tried so many solutions, like disable/write protect replay, fresh install, many drivers (from nvidia 266 up to 295 beta). On ultra in the task manager i get a maximum of 70%.... and fps 20-23

If anyone know a working solution, please send a message

Thanks and have a nice day.

System specs:
i3 540
Gigabyte Gts 450 OC 1gb
6gb RAM-->3,5 gb (win 7 32 bit ultimate)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back