PC Froze, BSOD, Beeps on startup

Hey guys,
Yesterday I was on rfactor just casually testing and then my PC froze with some artifacts coming up on screen, I restarted the PC and it did it again after a few minutes, I then got Blue screen of death(No time to check error message) and now when I turn the PC on I get some beeps and no display. I have looked at some websites which shows what beeps mean what but whatever I do doesnt seem to do anything, Its apparently related to RAM not being connected properly but im afraid to touch anything inside my Dusty pile of junk that is my PC, Any help apreciated

Sounds like it is RAM. Just take all of the RAM out (I know you said you don't want to touch it but you're going to have to :p ) then put 1 stick in and see if it boots. If it doesn't try a different stick. Put more RAM back in, a stick at a time, until it stops booting again and that'll be the dead stick.

If all of the RAM works then it's probably your graphics card, have you got another card you can try to use?

No. I'd just buy a new graphics card/RAM, do some research and fit them yourself. They will only fit in one place, one way around so it's pretty unlikely that you'll break something. Just make sure your hands aren't wet ;)

I dont have the money for that Tim, But I did take 1 stick of RAM out and when I booted up there was a constant boost, Will try and take out the 2nd stick now :)
It took the 2nd stick out and the PC then made the beeps I had the first time.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 343 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%