PC buying help

Since the late late 90's and the good old days of GP series by Geoff Crammond, i've played all my sim racing on the playstations.

I currently use my ps3 and logitech g27 wheel. I haven't bought a ps4 due to logitech wheels not being supported. I'm therefore looking into going back to PC gaming. However looking at PC's i realise i'm way out of touch!

Can people out me out with what sort of spec i should be looking at getting see below and point out anything i'm missing, or needs being better, plus can i just connect a PC to my 32 " hd panasonic tv for sound and vision? I will just be using the pc for gaming.

Processor : 4th gen intel quad core 3.7 ghz 6mb cache ok?
Ram: 8gb ok?
Graphics card: 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT720 GPU ok?
hard disk: 1 tb ok?

plus will the g27 wheel work on it!

The big and important question is what´s your budget ?.
Graphics card needs to much better.

Some general suggestions for a big budget:
-Intel Z97 motherboard
- Intel i5-4690K CPU + better cooler
- 600 and upwards PSU
- Nvidia GTX 970 for good value GTX 980 for top performance.
- 8GB (2x4GB) and WIN 8.1 is OK
- 128-256GB SSD hard drive for programs and 500-1000GB for data storage
- Case, DVD, mouse and keyboard

When you give us your budget it will be easier to give other more specific and cheaper suggestions. :)

Thanks for your reply. Ideally about £750 but prob worth mentioning I will be buying one ready made not building my own.

I'll check out better graphic cards then. I have keyboards and mice. Am I right in saying most pc's don't have wireless internet, so I need to get a wireless card. Also will a PC have an hdmi out or will I need a special cable to connect pc to to hdmi.

Thanks for your reply. Ideally about £750 but prob worth mentioning I will be buying one ready made not building my own.

I'll check out better graphic cards then. I have keyboards and mice. Am I right in saying most pc's don't have wireless internet, so I need to get a wireless card. Also will a PC have an hdmi out or will I need a special cable to connect pc to to hdmi.
Your TV will plug straight into the HDMI connection.
You might have to tweak the graphics settings so that it doesn't make a little border around the picture, some GPU assume if its a HDMI connection that you are watching TV, but its not hard to change this setting.
Your TV will be a bit slower (appr 6ms) than a fast PC monitor (say 2ms) on refresh rate.

Here are some examples what you could buy under 750£ with shipping:
http://www.chillblast.com/Chillblast-Fusion-Slipstream-Z97-Haswell-Gaming-PC.html

Under 800£ From Overclockers.co.uk->
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-004-OG&groupid=43&catid=2475&subcat=2489
Modified->https://www.dropbox.com/s/1gpro7rklm2xp0z/computer 2.PNG?dl=0

You are mercy of the shop when it comes to components but here are some components I would look for in your 750£ budget:

- CPU: 4 core Intel, from Core i5-4460 to i5-4690K
- GPU: Radeon R9 280X or 285, Geforce GTX 760
- RAM: 8GB (2x4)
- HARD DRIVE: min 1TB, 128GB SSD optional

You can choose "better/more suitable for you need" components if you build your own computer. :)
Some shops allow you to modify you computer more freely which can be good thing.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back