1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tracks Paul Ricard Historic 2.0

Paul Ricard for GSCEx

1. Patrick Giranthon submitted a new resource:

Paul Ricard Historic - Paul Ricard for GSCEx

Read more about this resource...
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues
    Reiza Studios Community Manager

Beautiful track, Patrick, thanks! I had forgotten how much fun Paul Ricard is... I just had an interesting race with Marcas there. However, the AI is very very slow in the first corners leading to the main straight... I could consistently gain 0.5-1s per lap there, pretty much (with the AI at 107%).
  3. I used Keith AI which is really better than the original one, but It seems that AI can always be better. ^^
    I never run offline so it is not a thing I master at all but I am aware I have to think about poeple running offline.

So... Hmmmm, Keith?
    Sorry to add you some job each time I update a track :roflmao:
  4. Yes I will definitely take a look, it was a few years ago now, I don't remember doing much to this one, just made sure they would run cleanly, so hopefully it can be improved more.
    Last edited: May 16, 2015
  5. Sorry for a quick off topic question. I used to edit a lot of AIW files several years ago for rFactor, but now I'm totally clueless. What's the best editor for doing these for GSC?

I have a fair number of tracks which are great apart from one or two places where the cars clip the corner or slam the curb so hard that they flip. ( It would be great if the Reiza lads could tweak the engine to prevent the annoying roll-over physics.)

Thanks for any guidance.
  6. This should be an improvement, the AI are now about 2 seconds quicker per lap overall(using F3 as test at 100%, lap times went from 1:21.2 in the original to 1:19.3 with this new AIW, so this should be a much improved race line).

• Like Like x 2
  7. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues
    Reiza Studios Community Manager

Hey there, I just wanted to thank you guys. I've had very little time to race lately, which is why it took me this long.

I re-did my Marcas race today, and what had been a leading-by-20s cruise became one of the best offline races I ever had (after I toned the AI strength down to 105% :whistling:). I was overtaken and overtook, I took some hits and gave some, 20 minutes of almost non-stop action until I managed to prevail 0.7s ahead of 2nd place... now I need to lie down a bit.

Thanks for the great track and AI!
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Nox

Staff Premium Member

Thanks for the great track, I've been enjoying it around here. A good conversion!

One note is that the AI will almost completely stop on the exit of the final turn if they want to go into the pits. Not a big deal, really, but just thought I'd point it out.
  9. Even with the AI from Keith?
  10. Nox

Staff Premium Member

My bad, I thought you'd updated it into the main download. I'll try again and let you know.