F1 2011 Patch #2 Update: November 2, 2011

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Helios of Codemasters just released new information about the upcoming patch:

Hi all,

As promised last week, here is some more information on the specific issues we’ve been investigating for the upcoming patch and the progress made to date.

For those of you who have read the Patch Process threadhttp://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2011-general-discussion-1403/474356-patching-process.html , Step 1 has now been completed; many thanks to all of you who provided as much information as possible on the issues you have encountered. We are now nearing the end of Step 2, with multiple issues (detailed below) having now been fixed and verified in our test environment.

Please note that there are technical restrictions on what we can and can’t patch, due to things such as size limits on patches, knock-on effects to other areas of the game and issues that were non-reproducible in our test environment, etc. Issues which currently fall into this category are updated DRS Zones and updated drivers.

 Game Improvements:
o A connectivity rating display has now been implemented for each player in an online session lobby. This appears as coloured bars (red, amber, green) to indicate the expected online performance of the player in the game session.
o More network bandwidth is now reserved for game-critical systems in online sessions. This may result in low-bandwidth users having their voice chat restricted to fewer players, but should result in a smoother online experience.

 Strategy & Setup:
o Fixed 11/11 car setup bug.
o Fixed issue where your race strategy uses the same tyre compound three times in a row & the final set are worn.
o Fixed issue where wear-based punctures would occur too often.
o Fixed various issues with the race engineer speech logic.

 AI:
o Fixed an issue where the AI run on Intermediates for too long.
o Fixed issue where AI cars would be too fast in the wet.
o Fixed an issue where AI vehicles pitted too often during dry, online races .
o The AI has been tuned on several circuits to provide smoother and faster driving.

 Co –op Championship:
o Fixed an issue with the save becoming corrupt / not able to invite the other player when playing long race weekends.
o Fixed an issue where AI difficulty was reset to “Amateur” level when resuming a Coop game.
o Fixed an issue with tyre wear in Practice/Qualifying not being carried over to Race.
o Fixed an issue with the penalties accrued in Practice/Qualifying not being applied to the Race.
o Fixed an issue with the Race Results where lapped AI are causing player to drop positions.

 Online:
o Vote to Skip in Qualifying now requires 100% vote.
o Various Penalty system improvements have been made.
o Quick Race countdown timer is now set to 60 Seconds and no longer resets when a player joins the session.

 Graphics & Performance:
o PS3 – Improved frame rate & performance.
o Xbox360 & PC - Numerous performance improvements have been made to increase frame rate and reduce stuttering.
o All Platforms – Numerous graphical improvements have been made.
o All Platforms – Fixed various issues to improve general game stability.

 PC-specific:
o Fixed several functionality issues experienced when using DX11 cards.
o Fixed issue where users could hack specific files to increase car grip.

 Other:
o Fixed a very infrequent issue where some sessions would be skipped over when progressing to the next session during a Long Race Weekend.
o Korea tyre compounds have been changed to those used in the 2011 race.
o Fixed an issue where in career where the "on the bounce" achievement was awarded after 11 race wins instead of 9.
o Fixed an issue where all users would be awarded the fastest lap XP and stat during some online races.
o Fixed an issue where driver's hands & head popped in a few frames late when switching cameras.

We have yet to verify several other fixes at the moment, and we are still working hard on fixing a few more issues before we move into Step 3 next week. We will keep you informed on the specifics over the course of the next week or so.

As a final note, we are also working with Sony and Microsoft to wipe the Time Trial leader boards to ensure that all future Time Trial data is correct and free from inaccuracies following the release of patch 2.

Thanks again for your patience whilst we finalise work on the patch.

just the 11/11 bug setup fixed is already a great stuff... and changed the 30 to 60 sec the lobby wait at sprint races online is also a great news... thanks boys!
Yeah I agree, when the timer got reset all the time from people joining it annoyed the hell outta me, any word on how many people it will require to start the timer though? You'd think 3 wouldn't be enough, I'm thinking 10 would be a good number.

CM have sent requests to microsoft and sony to wipe the TT boards. Hopefully this happens as the top few times on every track are unrealistic due to dropped sectors.

And who in the world runs 1/11 arbs???? you'd have absolutely no turn in what so ever. I can't run my front below 7 or 8 on any track, If I do I just feel like I'm understeering off the track

Personally i wish to get the following updates with the patch incoming:

1.Penalty system improved - online and offline
2.Co-op championship - No more Connection failed due to UPnP , NAT, firewall whatever.
3.Times in carrier mode between qualification and race - fixed.
4.11/11 springs- fixed
5.No Cd for PC platform /DVD physical edition/ - fixed.
6.Paddock girls - in game.
7.Auto save loading error,freezing,crashing etc - fixed
8.Changing gamer tag online - fixed.

If someone has more to add.You welcome:)

I'm Happy, Great work, guys, Thanx CM.

But we need to fix one issue, No Ghosting, plz. It is very very unrealistic, I never saw it on any other simulators. CM, please, fix this problem too.

If it's possible, please, make ON/OFF for ghosting, too.

We need fix Safety car bug, too.

Again, Thanx for Great Job.

CM have sent requests to microsoft and sony to wipe the TT boards. Hopefully this happens as the top few times on every track are unrealistic due to dropped sectors.

And who in the world runs 1/11 arbs???? you'd have absolutely no turn in what so ever. I can't run my front below 7 or 8 on any track, If I do I just feel like I'm understeering off the track

Just try 1/11 arbs in the game then, bugged like the 11/11 springs.

didnt see anything about the save game probs that some are having including myself. I worked my way up to a rank of 21 only to have the problem hit me, and when i done the fix that someone mentioned in the forum....it worked but it sets your rank back to 1 again. Its when the game is loading and it suddenly throws you out of the game saying " F1 exe has stopped working" Its now happened to me 3 times!!! And each time im back to a rank of 1. Very annoying......Maybe its on the list of things to do by codies....i hope !!!

I've had F1.exe has stopped just after pressing start on my DF GT. The fix for that was press enter instead and then the game loads fine, you just need to setup your wheel again.

As for the patch list, looks great. Can't wait to restart co-op on legend AI so I have to work with my team mate instead of seeing who can avoid the AI cars when lapping them the best :)

I've had F1.exe has stopped just after pressing start on my DF GT. The fix for that was press enter instead and then the game loads fine, you just need to setup your wheel again.

As for the patch list, looks great. Can't wait to restart co-op on legend AI so I have to work with my team mate instead of seeing who can avoid the AI cars when lapping them the best :)

I do press enter...as i play with keyboard ....But it still throws me out of the game.......its strange tho......it happens only once out of about 15 game starts. :-(

"Fixed 11/11 car setup bug."
"Fixed issue where your race strategy uses the same tyre compound three times in a row & the final set are worn."
"Fixed an issue where the AI run on Intermediates for too long."
"Fixed an issue with the save becoming corrupt / not able to invite the other player when playing long race weekends."
"Fixed an issue where AI difficulty was reset to “Amateur” level when resuming a Coop game."
"Fixed an issue with tyre wear in Practice/Qualifying not being carried over to Race."
"Fixed an issue with the penalties accrued in Practice/Qualifying not being applied to the Race."
"Fixed an issue with the Race Results where lapped AI are causing player to drop positions."
"Xbox360 & PC - Numerous performance improvements have been made to increase frame rate and reduce stuttering."
"Korea tyre compounds have been changed to those used in the 2011 race."

!!!----->Fixed issue where AI cars would be too fast in the wet.<-----!!!
I'm so happy I could cry.

"o All Platforms – Fixed various issues to improve general game stability."

I hope this fixes the very annoying black screen in Shanghai!!! Can't play 50% race distance >>> because of black screen. So i reduced race distance to 20% but still i had black screen twice. Last resort was to do a 3 lap race distance just to finish Shanghai and move on to the next race in the calendar which is Istanbul. WTF!!! 3 lap race distance!!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back