F1 2011 Patch #2: Monday Nov 21st:

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Patch #2: Releasing on Monday Nov 21st:

http://community.codemasters.com/fo...6-patch-status-thread-updated-18-11-11-a.html

the patch has now been approved by both Sony and Microsoft and is slated for release on all platforms on Monday 21st November.

Fix List [Final]

 Game Improvements:
o A connectivity rating display has now been implemented for each player in an online session lobby. This appears as coloured bars (red, amber, green) to indicate the expected online performance of the player in the game session.
o More network bandwidth is now reserved for game-critical systems in online sessions. This may result in low-bandwidth users having their voice chat restricted to fewer players, but should result in a smoother online experience.

 Strategy & Setup:
o Fixed 11/11 car setup bug.
o Fixed issue where your race strategy uses the same tyre compound three times in a row & the final set are worn.
o Fixed issue where wear-based punctures would occur too often.
o Fixed various issues with the race engineer speech logic.

 AI:
o Fixed an issue where the AI run on Intermediates for too long.
o Fixed issue where AI cars would be too fast in the wet.
o Fixed an issue where AI vehicles pitted too often during dry, online races .
o The AI has been tuned on several circuits to provide smoother and faster driving.
o Fixed issue where the AI’s sector 1 times in Malaysia were too slow

 Co –op Championship:
o Fixed an issue with the save becoming corrupt / not able to invite the other player when playing long race weekends.
o Fixed an issue where AI difficulty was reset to “Amateur” level when resuming a Coop game.
o Fixed an issue with tyre wear in Practice/Qualifying not being carried over to Race.
o Fixed an issue with the penalties accrued in Practice/Qualifying not being applied to the Race.
o Fixed an issue with the Race Results where lapped AI are causing player to drop positions.

 Online:
o Vote to Skip in Qualifying now requires 100% vote.
o Various Penalty system improvements have been made.
o Quick Race countdown timer is now set to 60 Seconds and no longer resets when a player joins the session.
o Fixed issue where host and client machines would report different qualification results during online games
o Fixed an issue where online players would sometimes see other players or AI cars using the wrong tyres.

 Graphics & Performance:

o PS3 – Improved frame rate & performance.
o Xbox360 & PC - Numerous performance improvements have been made to increase frame rate and reduce stuttering.
o All Platforms – Numerous graphical improvements have been made.
o All Platforms – Fixed various issues to improve general game stability.

 PC-specific:
o Fixed several functionality issues experienced when using DX11 cards.
o Fixed issue where users could hack specific files to increase car grip.

 Other:
o Fixed a very infrequent issue where some sessions would be skipped over when progressing to the next session during a Long Race Weekend.
o Korea tyre compounds have been changed to those used in the 2011 race.
o Fixed an issue where in career where the "on the bounce" achievement was awarded after 11 race wins instead of 9.
o Fixed an issue where all users would be awarded the fastest lap XP and stat during some online races.
o Fixed an issue where driver's hands & head popped in a few frames late when switching cameras.
o Fixed issue where players were able to post extremely quick Time Trial times

What tyre bug????

I've been reading CM forum (not tried the patch yet), but here is what I could deduce.

To fix the 3-tyres-in-a-row bug they must have programmed the game to pick the freshest tyres when you pit. Good. The problem is that the same is also done in free practice (regardless of the tyre you choose yourself). So every time you stop at the pits, you will start wearing another set of tyres. If you happen to pit a lot, you will end up with all the set scrubbed or worn down by the time you get to race.

Offline, it seems you can workaround it by leaving the pits using "flying lap". Online there is not such an option.

BTW, and motivated by reading the CM forum, people wants to be helpful but they really test stuff with little sense. There are a bunch of guys trying to reproduce this at different circuits and with different cars. I stronly doubt the tyre logic is linked to any of that, so of course they will get the same bug in all cases.

I've been reading CM forum (not tried the patch yet), but here is what I could deduce.

To fix the 3-tyres-in-a-row bug they must have programmed the game to pick the freshest tyres when you pit. Good. The problem is that the same is also done in free practice (regardless of the tyre you choose yourself). So every time you stop at the pits, you will start wearing another set of tyres. If you happen to pit a lot, you will end up with all the set scrubbed or worn down by the time you get to race.

Offline, it seems you can workaround it by leaving the pits using "flying lap". Online there is not such an option.

BTW, and motivated by reading the CM forum, people wants to be helpful but they really test stuff with little sense. There are a bunch of guys trying to reproduce this at different circuits and with different cars. I stronly doubt the tyre logic is linked to any of that, so of course they will get the same bug in all cases.

If CM doesn't like the testing protocols of the folks who spent their money on and then waited nearly two months for a patch for the game, maybe they should hire some quasi-competent testers themselves.

If CM doesn't like the testing protocols of the folks who spent their money on and then waited nearly two months for a patch for the game, maybe they should hire some quasi-competent testers themselves.

Oh, I don't think CM has any right to criticise anything after such series of screw ups. The complaint come from me, because I am reading a lot of incorrect reports, and that is of little help for anybody.

So is patch 2 out for pc? And if yes where can I get it??

It appears that some people has it, others not. Unlike the console guys, I guess pc patch will be deployed at very different times during today and maybe tomorrow (steam and other providers will introduce different extra delays).

Short answer, you will get it when you get it.

Edit: unless it is patched via GFWL (I do not recall from last year), then you can expect to get it together with everybody else.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Post Patch Game play initial feedback. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Did some testing in GP and TT. Car felt so slow at first in GP and we went online to test. (Chri Benham, Mark Greenall 21 AI and I)[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Tyre sim is improved. Tyres now are cold on leaving the garage for testing and for quali. Primes need 2 laps to warmup thoroughly. This caused me initially to think I had lost about 4 sec a lap! Fuel sim may be a bit more too.[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Cars handling is a little more tricky (realistic?) Little slower on turn in, easier to step out on corner exit if too much throttlle. Certain corners thus require a little more judicious use of throttle. EG Turn 5 and, Turn 10 Melb (fast chicane).[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Setups- Bit early to say. My old race setup worked quite well. I tinkered like mad for a while as the car felt like a pig but it was tyre temp!.[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]75% distance is available again!!!! We need to talk.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Lap times poss a little slower.[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Online experience. Seemed Good. Bit more challenge. [/FONT]

Hi,

Just tried to uninstall F1 2011...no reaction ???? ...CTRL-ALT-DEL

Try to uninstall F1 2011 within Wndows XP nothing ?? anyone ?

If the PC patch is out I like to do a reinstall.

It has been a long time...but I was Hansje from "Hansje's World" ...with all the link-guides, Bram will remember :D

YES FINALLY...
11/11 setup is still the fastest in my opinion but what i care the most about is that the online leaderboards are improved...
If you drive a race online at online rank 50 (and you achieve your target) you'll only drop in the online leaderboards so the top 1000 didn't drive a single race anymore. Now i climbed from 638 to 91st in the PS3 online leaderboards :) i don't know exactly how i can climb in the leaderboards but i like the new patch anyway. Also the Timetrial and Timeattack leaderboards are going to be whiped..
The time attack leaderboards were filled with cheating times.. you were for example able to cut the busstop chicane at spa francorchamps.. I cheated too.. i confess :) i ended up 4th on the online Time Attack leaderboards! now i have to start it all over again but i don't care because now you got atleast some FAIR leaderboards!

( sorry for my english, but i think you can still figure out what i tried to say :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%