F1 2012 Patch #2 available within the next 24 hours

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
From codemasters website:

Further to our “Patch News” post the other day, we’re pleased to inform you that the second PC patch will be going live on Steam within the next 24 hours.

This update contains in excess of 200 fixes and improvements for F1 2012 including the following major updates:

• Autosave bug – The issue some users were experiencing where saving during career play would stop functioning is now fixed
  • Players ranked 6 are now able to see online sessions hosted by other players
  • Car setups will no longer revert to the default settings if players quit back to the main menu from Parc Fermé
  • Time attack times no longer overwrite RaceNet event times
  • AI drivers now pit to change tyres at the correct time
  • Fixed an issue where players using voice communication might experience a crash when plugging in a mic
  • Fixed an issue where some players would experience a crash in Career tutorials after completing a Season Challenge
  • Players are no longer able to drive through barriers/environment after using a flashback in pits
  • Fuel consumption when using manual gears has now been brought in line with automatic gear usage
  • Camera angles when exiting the pit lane has been fixed
  • AI no longer pit after one lap when wet weather races have been restarted
  • Positioning of the top 4 ranked players on PC leaderboards has been corrected. Leaderboards will be reset later today in order to update player rankings. (Once players complete another online race they will be added back on to the leaderboard with all their stats intact)
  • Driver name plates can now be seen
  • Numerous graphical improvements made such as flicker on rain/ground textures, interface positioning and correction of some track surfaces that showed incorrect weather
  • Various fixes to cameras including the 3D effect and pit lane cameras
  • Numerous textual and localisation fixes included

New Known Issue
  • On certain hardware, when the player’s car goes into shadow the whole screen flickers. This can be worked around by setting Shadows to Low or Ultra Low in My F1 -> Graphics. This issue will be addressed in the next patch.
The fixes listed above and those specific to the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game are also being tested and verified on those platforms. As these versions require additional submission and authorisation from both Microsoft and Sony the release date for these will follow a little later than the PC version.

We are working on other issues you have reported via the forums, Facebook and Twitter and are working to fix them as quickly as possible. In the meantime, please note that we are still collecting feedback via our Technical Assistance forums and do encourage you to post your issues there being sure to include as much information as possible.

Thanks for your continued feedback!

Yea it's out guys and looks like an improvement in some area's for sure.

No more terrible textures around Melbourne while in the rain that's for sure.All that shiny flicking on the track surface is gone just before the main straight.

Latest version that appears on mine is

const char * version = "Master Universal.815819 25/09/2012 19:41 "; unsigned int versionNumber = 815819;

Cheers.

Hi all,
Is anyone know how I can apply for a 2nd time update from steam ?
In steam ==> F1 2012 properties ==>I clicked on "check cache disk integrity" button, Lot's of files have been replaced (f1_2012.exe, all original cars, helmets and so on.)
Now, for instance, I can't see anymore the new speed indicator on hud and I'm wondering if game went back to previous release.
Thank you for help or explanation.

My Steam only shows Wednesday's patch under updates. You already have patch 2?
Patch #1
\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2012\game_version.txt
const char * version = "Master Universal.815303 25/09/2012 11:45 "; unsigned int versionNumber = 815303;
f1_2012.exe v.1.0.0.0

Patch #2
\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2012\game_version.txt
const char * version = "Master Universal.815819 25/09/2012 19:41 "; unsigned int versionNumber = 815819;
f1_2012.exe v.1.1.0.0

Waiting for Patch #3 next week. ;)

As posted above, if you have doubts as to whether Steam has updated your game version with the latest patch, the process to find out is pretty easy. Navigate to:

64bit users: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2012
32bit users: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2012

In here, locate the text document named: game_version.txt

If it says versionNumber = 815819 Steam has updated your game with the second patch. Also hover over the f1_2012.exe & it will say version 1.1.0.0 .

Hope that helps clarify the confusion a wee bit. ;)

Reactions: Tom
As posted above, if you have doubts as to whether Steam has updated your game version with the latest patch, the process to find out is pretty easy. Navigate to:

64bit users: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2012
32bit users: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2012

In here, locate the text document named: game_version.txt

If it says versionNumber = 815819 Steam has updated your game with the second patch. Also hover over the f1_2012.exe & it will say version 1.1.0.0 .

Hope that helps clarify the confusion a wee bit. ;)

Thank you for your reply. As I can read above, I've got patch 2 but I always wondering if I lost some update. As I said before, I've not got anymore new speed indicator on Hud. I'ts not a real problem but I would not want to miss one of other 200 updates...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back