Pastor Maldonado

There was an interesting article about Williams and Maldonado in Auto Motor und Sport. I used Google Translate and then corrected the worst mistakes myself. Here's the significant part:
Pastor Maldonado is angry. "Since his victory at Barcelona last year, he feels destined to higher things," they say in the team. Maldonado said recently that he no longer wanted to compete with drivers like Botta's, but with the really big ones. But to challenge Vettel, Alonso and Co., he lacks the consistency. There are more errors than bright spots.

"He still makes too many mistakes," said a team member. "In Korea, we repeatedly explained to him in the last stint on the radio that he must take care of the right front tire and, if necessary, should stay out of all the duels. What is he doing? Drives like a madman with the others and ruins his tyres within three laps. "
In Japan, the South American has incurred the wrath of his team again. In the fight for an insignificant 16th place, Maldonado overtook his teammate with a Harakiri maneuver in the last chicane. Bottas had to dodge into the run-off zone to prevent a collision of the two Williams. Accordingly, the Finn was angry afterwards.

Maldonado wants to get away. Prefer ably to Lotus. With him, 35 million euros per year would leave. Unfortunately for Maldonado, his contract binds him to Williams until 2015. Fortunately for Williams, they have a separate contract for the next two years with the Venezuelan PDVSA oil cartel.

If Maldonado leaves, PDVSA jumps ship as well. Claire Williams was recently in Caracas. There are rumors that the Venezuelans are willing to pay severance money, should their protégé move to Lotus. Then there would be space for Felipe Massa and the Brazilian oil company Petrobras.
Seems like Williams has really had it with Maldonado and would prefer to get rid of him if it wasn't for his money.

No offense to Maldonado but he seems a bit to arrogant from the perspective that Williams is giving us.
I would honestly no be surprised if Williams is currently trying to ruin Maldonado's image just so he doesn't have anywhere to go and there for stays with Williams so they can have more money.
Williams get their money anyway. They have a 2 year contract with PDVSA. Regardless of where Maldonado is they get their money :)

I wouldn't miss Maldonado if he went.
I actually think Maldonado would shine in a quick car. It's clear he's got pace. But he's got a ragged side to him, which I think comes about from driving an under par car. He's trying too much to get the most out the car and that's his downside.
But on the other hand, I wouldn't want to see him take a seat that Hulkenberg should be having.

The sad thing is, 15 to 20 years ago, he would have been lucky to get a drive at Minardi.

I don't actually mind his abrasive personality and his comments, as it shows that he cares, but he simply isn't nearly in the class of Hülkenburg.

He may still prove us wrong, though.

Call me severe, but I don't want to see anyone who's cheque book buys them a seat be successful, as it would justify the whole corrupt money-over-talent theory.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 257 13.4%