General Paid mods post your opinion

The point goes up to you. I'll give up at this point :redface: The MASTER of all terms is not able to answer at one simple question :cool:
Keep up your insulting attitude for all non paid modders :thumbsup:
Good luck :)
I answered your question twice , I clearly said "NO" I would not for free ,
again you keep at it like a pit bull trying to cause issues ,

Give it a rest man ,

and I insulted no one , I believe my work to be some of the best , not the best , but up there ,
and rightly so , I actually understand what I am doing and actually engineer **** ,

Guys, i'm usually very against censorship but this is one of the rare cases where i'll demand censorship. I think there's a rule in AC forums that states you simply cannot open a thread that discusses payware stuff. URD or not. Any and all paymod discussions are forbidden over there. I honestly think it should be the same because i'm very sad to say this but sim community is like the majority of cod/battlefield/pubg players. They just keep insulting like unreasonable 15 year olds...

Please shut this thread and revise your FAQ.

pointless discussion started from anger because someone shared data expecting it was a free mod ,
its not my concern any more ,

This community is great and always been nice to me ,
I make cars for a living its simple , its my life and my job ,
have fun ill keep an eye on the thread :geek:

If you wouldn't be so arrogant I wouldn't post these type of answers. Come on guys, open your eyes. Come down from the high horse you're on. Not a really good move if you ask me. It scares off potential customers...

Reactions: CC
Paid mods are controverse discussed.
Are the something you appreciate or not?

What about the copyrights problem by using some elses copyrights or another ones work for free to make your own paid content? What about copyrights owners permissions?

Do they have to be marked as commercial content?
I.O. to protect those of us from providing paid mods with their work and ressources that are not marked as commercial content.

Is it advertising for a paid product, putting them into threads like these : what are you working on

What are the long term consequences?

A lot of unsolved questions.

Please stay polite in discussion.
Don`t you have anything batter to do, and ppl like you?
Everyone finds his own way to a batter life. If it would be fair, we would get rid off of our politicians, who really make our lives almost a living hell (worse then even if a human history), at least in out country.
Then come here and stumble upon something like this.
--
Me for example, is it fair, making a scratch made track for 9 months now, and the track owners just decided not to give me license, which consequently means no money for me, nor for them? And this you find fair?
As said, there are far more important things to settle before this one.

One more thing, if there would be no ppl which you stumbled upon, you would have driven only few tracks and few cars. Isn`t is batter now, when we have almost infinitive number of choices?

But how does that affect you, since you still have full control over what you do? Why do you need others to do things as you think they should?

It affects me because this is a community that I am part of. I don't like the attitude that some people have developed, and some of the comments in this thread alone are simply shocking in their arrogance :confused:

"...if you want quality then you should expect to pay for it" = "if it's free then it's ****" - that is a really cynical attitude to have, and I get the feeling the average AC fan is being treated as a cash cow. It goes against the whole spirit of modding for a game (or what I thought was the spirit).

On the plus side, I now have a whole new reason not to pay for certain mods - not sure this forum is big enough for all of us AND a certain someone's ego :rolleyes:

Come down from the high horse you're on. Not a really good move if you ask me. It scares off potential customers...

I remember a boss I've had on my early days as a 3D modeler that used those exact same words, he told me that because I was offered a better paid job and I left because he cannot afford to pay me a raise... and I didn't give a ****

Funny how things turned out in my life, I'm doing better than ever despite of that. I must've done something right, or to quote Johnny Rotten:

“If you are pissing people off, you know you are doing something right” :D

Off course you do what you want. But in life you'll learn it's pretty useful if ppl like you. Especially if you run a business, just saying. Look at what's going on here. I see nothing but attitude and arrogance from your team for the last 24 hours. Come on guys, get real...

29d29cb2a2e871270fffb714d62d85fd1eaeed54_hq.jpg

Sorry If I sounded arrogant guys :(
I didnt mean to offend anyone , discussion got hot and out of hand too fast and I got carried away with myself ,
I appreciate everyones work here on RD thats why I am always here and love this community like we all do ,
this thread should have been simply closed ,

If its free or payware quality content is all the same to me and all respected highly ,
I myself have paid for paymods and been unhappy ,
sorry about the issues guys .

It affects me because this is a community that I am part of. I don't like the attitude that some people have developed, and some of the comments in this thread alone are simply shocking in their arrogance :confused:

"...if you want quality then you should expect to pay for it" = "if it's free then it's ****" - that is a really cynical attitude to have, and I get the feeling the average AC fan is being treated as a cash cow. It goes against the whole spirit of modding for a game (or what I thought was the spirit).

On the plus side, I now have a whole new reason not to pay for certain mods - not sure this forum is big enough for all of us AND a certain someone's ego :rolleyes:

^^ This!!! :thumbsup:
Exactly this. Its turns the thread just out of some comments about quality in relationship to money.
Like I said: This is a direct insult to the whole non payed modding community and it should handle like every insult at RD.

Off course you do what you want. But in life you'll learn it's pretty useful if ppl like you. Especially if you run a business, just saying. Look at what's going on here. I see nothing but attitude and arrogance from your team for the last 24 hours. Come on guys, get real...

All I see going on here is a personal grudge taken too far.

^^ This!!! :thumbsup:
Exactly this. Its turns the thread just out of some comments about quality in relationship to money.
Like I said: This is a direct insult to the whole non payed modding community and it should handle like every insult at RD.

I do mods for free and don't feel insulted at all, please speak for yourself.

@Kasti I hope you now see why I really didn't want this discussion it has never ended any other way in it's previous incarnations.
Everybody needs to dial it back and remember RD's ToS. stop the abuse and personal insults or there will be consequences.

Sorry If I sounded arrogant guys :(
I didnt mean to offend anyone , discussion got hot and out of hand too fast and I got carried away with myself ,
I appreciate everyones work here on RD thats why I am always here and love this community like we all do ,
this thread should have been simply closed ,

If its free or payware quality content is all the same to me and all respected highly ,
I myself have paid for paymods and been unhappy ,
sorry about the issues guys .

Its a try to come back in the right light after a conversation with some members of your team? :cautious:
Not the first time I think ;)

...please speak for yourself.
Sure and just speaking just for myself:
mod-edit: abuse removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 232 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.2%
  • < 3 years