General Paid mods post your opinion

In regards of the data shared from Kasti, I didn't use any of it, so no harm done there. I only took his suggestion about the exhaust type, that's all.
Do i believe you? After your ongoing disrespecting behaviour... No way! And your posts in the recent thread telling quite a diffrent story....

Do i believe you? After your ongoing disrespecting behaviour... No way!

Already accused me of doing "something" wrong (still can't find out what it is), disrespecting someone else's work and now calling me a liar, want to add something else to the list while we're at it?

Drmw4A8.gif

My point is exactly that. Where does it say it's gonna be public? Only thing you said yesterday was that it's not as we all thought freeware, but a commission for Sergio Loro.
Now what Sergio does with it is anybodies guess. Not that I really care though... It would have been soooo much better for everybody if you only would have mentioned that when you posted the first screens of it last week.

Already accused me of doing "something" wrong (still can't find out what it is), disrespecting someone else's work and now calling me a liar, want to add something else to the list while we're at it?
Wow. Seldom met a person who is never listening to reason. I simply don´t believe your statements any more, just a reaction to the "wonderful" experience i had made...
Now, liar is your word, i only posted my opinion that i`m not convinced by your statements.
Am i forced to believe your words - no
it was a massive waste of time to help you
and it´s a much more waste of time trying to explane the cause to you
You simply don`t want to get the point, you´re answers always disrespectfull...:speechless:

Last edited:
My point is exactly that. Where does it say it's gonna be public? Only thing you said yesterday was that it's not as we all thought freeware, but a commission for Sergio Loro.
Now what Sergio does with it is anybodies guess. Not that I really care though... It would have been soooo much better for everybody if you only would have mentioned that when you posted the first screens of it last week.

Again, the thread is called "what you're working on" for a reason. It doesn't say we should put a warning label on anything, is just to share what we're doing with the community.

Sergio will sell it at his own store just like RSS does, no real names, brands or anything copyright related.

.. you should be better than that mate :whistling:

Learn to take things with humor, it'll help you sleep better.

Can somebody please shut this pointless thread? If you have sth to argue about, please use PMs.
This thread isn`t senseless the discussion about paid mods and all the problems related to them is more than necessary.
We can close our eyes - but some not far away day reality will knock on our door. And the message we´re gonna get is not of the friendly kind.

The EC and the EP have made declarations about copyrights (desgins are part of the copyright too)that aren`t funny. They are fed up, especially when internet distrbiution is involved. We all know what will follow: strict laws and regulations. They are working on it, and the big industries and copyright holders lobby workers doing their job quite well - not in favour of free use as you know by yourself.

Paid mods without permission and payment of the repective owners are just the ammunition they need, to reach their final goals. Ever thougt of this fact?

In need of informations? just take look at EC`s hompage, go for laws and regulations- and you will be very unhappy about the coming future...

But, of course, we are free to close our eyes, but i won´t help us.

Last edited:
Can somebody please shut this pointless thread? If you have sth to argue about, please use PMs.

Thank you. I really get sick of folks complaining about pay mods. If you don't like them, no one is forcing you to buy them.

I mean let's look here. To sim race, you need at least a PC that costs a minimum of $700. Then you need all the peripherals (keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers/headphones) along with a wheel and pedals. Depending on what you use, that could be $500 total to upwards of a few thousand; all to just 'play a game'. Then you sit back and complain about having to spend 5 measly bucks on a quality mod. :rolleyes::roflmao: I just don't get it...

I don't see the point worrying about licensing issues either if you're not the one doing the modding.

Personally I like the threads made by commercial enterprises solely with the purpose of advertising their products on RD. That way I can completely ignore them and not waste my time looking at screenshot after screenshot, only to discover that I will be expected to pay for it.

I also think that commercial products in the WhatAYWO? thread should be marked up clearly as 'commercial' and not 'hobby', so I can ignore those too. I very much doubt that anyone who sells a project for AC is honest or sincere enough to make payments to the owners of the real-life car/track for use of their IP, to Kunos (without whose input their 'product' would be worthless on these forums, to the creators of any images found on the web and used as textures...

I honestly thought this was a hobby, and one that I would be enjoying for many years to come, but the comments I have read in the last 24 hours have left a really nasty taste in my mouth :(

I don't see the point worrying about licensing issues either if you're not the one doing the modding.

Please take look at the responding government pages and you will get a different sight on the things. The long term consquences will affect all of us. Remember the same development took part realting to music. People still get charged if illegal downloading on free to download sites without the contracts to the industry - that´s the future we are looking for.

A future i don`t like, because it wil cause massive restrictions to modding, the ways to distribute them and how people are handled(look above) when downloading content made without permissions.

Last edited:
Personally I like the threads made by commercial enterprises solely with the purpose of advertising their products on RD. That way I can completely ignore them and not waste my time looking at screenshot after screenshot, only to discover that I will be expected to pay for it.

I also think that commercial products in the WhatAYWO? thread should be marked up clearly as 'commercial' and not 'hobby', so I can ignore those too. I very much doubt that anyone who sells a project for AC is honest or sincere enough to make payments to the owners of the real-life car/track for use of their IP, to Kunos (without whose input their 'product' would be worthless on these forums, to the creators of any images found on the web and used as textures...

I honestly thought this was a hobby, and one that I would be enjoying for many years to come, but the comments I have read in the last 24 hours have left a really nasty taste in my mouth :(

The badges, for example, are a point no one usually has on its screen - 100%agreement to you- badges, company names(not only car builders- there are also companies spark plugs, oil etc) put on the car skins or as advertisement along tracks and buildings - doing a commercial content with them as part used, you have to get permssion and money will be a part of the talks... and that´s a point why it take so much time nowadays to release a new dlc.

We are lucky that they still ignore non comercial modding, but everybody doing paid mods without all permissions needed pushes a nail into our common coffin. And it makes me sad, that people like @Fat-Alfie never doing something that way, always non commercial and just for fun, will get affected and restricted in doing their hobby too. Could he built a track in future without the fear to be prosecuted, because he used f.e. a "shell" batch aside the tracks without getting the companies permssion. Is that the future we want?

We have so much to loose, we should stop provoke the industry and copyrights owners by doing paid content without all permissions. I

Last edited:
Maybe a good idea to have a review section? So when a commercial developer releases a product he can send RD a copy for review purposes. Would be good for everybody.
I personally would love to read well and professionally written reviews of addon software for AC.
Also very nice for new players so they know what's good and what to avoid.
And it would keep the modders thread clean for what it was meant to be, a modders thread.

Pro Paid Mods here as long as they are 100% scratch build, fantasy and free from copyrights. Imo it's the only way to bring modding creativity back.

The plan has been on the back-burner for a while to facilitate it here on RD and would be more than happy to discuss details with a few interested groups or individuals. Get in touch I'd say.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 415 16.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 281 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 276 11.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 322 12.8%