1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Page Loading Problems

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Jack Smith, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium Member

Anybody besides me experiencing random loading problems with the pages. Sometimes the icons of the members don't load and I must refresh the page. Sometimes the pages load ok but when I move the mouse arrow off to the borders areas the pages goes blank accept for the top RD banner? This started about four days ago. Using Internet Explorer Browser and never a problem until now. Any Ideas.

2. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

It keeps happening now?

3. I have the same problem.

4. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Guys can you provide a bit more information. What browser, what version etc.
    Does it happen on a specific page, on all pages? Blog? Forum?

5. It's just a IE 9 problem.

It's fine with Chrome and Firefox.

When using IE, toolbars, avatar's and button's will be missing. On the forum and news pages.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have the same problem with IE 8 and believe it is an interaction/conflict with those ads that take a while to load.

On pages that have ads that load quickly the problem seeems to not occur and it has been happening for about four days now.

Need to shoot the orangutans in the back room. LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Easy solution then. Get rid of IE - which I thought the majority had already :p

8. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

Happens to me at work with IE8 as well

9. You'd think so hey... But you'll be surprised by the amount of people still using IE6 & 7 :rolleyes:

10. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

This seems strange, I'm a IE9 user and haven't been experiencing this problem. I get many other annoying issues, but never had the one described here ................YET!. :rolleyes:

11. My main computer failed so I'm using my laptop with IE7 and have not seen the problem using it.

For quite some time everything worked nicely then the orangutans in the back room fiddled around.

Shoot them and Microsoft!

12. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Such as?

13. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I'll send you a PM.

14. got the perfect solution for you boomer541

Click me :)

15. Tried Google Chrome and firefox, didn't like either one.

It is a mark of poor programming when software depends upon some obscure feature of an operting system to function properly.

When the operating system changes the software malfunctions and people get upset or frustrated.

That's why I won't buy any software from EA, for example

16. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium Member

Yes , 50 % 0f the time now.

17. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium Member

I use IE 8. Seems to be mainly on the forum pages and any sub forums, even PM's.

18. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium Member

It's worked beautifully until about 10 days ago.

19. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium Member

I have Chrome install but resist changing over. All was good until this little glitch appeared.

20. A browser other than IE8 appears to work properly.

Apparently something in the forums software is incompatible with IE8 and possible other browsers.

• Like Like x 1