1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Paddock Chat

Discussion in 'X360 | F1 Championship' started by Chris Hempsall, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Chris Hempsall

Chris Hempsall

New Paddock Chat. Last one got too big. It's still down there below the stickied threads if you want to go back to have a look :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Chris Hempsall

Chris Hempsall

So childish Boothy :laugh:

• Haha Haha x 1
  3. I was wondering when the next one would be made. ;)

4. I regret nothing :sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. So the new target is 6,359 :geek:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  6. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

sooo, i had another 50% Malaysia race tonight offline in the same conditions to compare to last nights online race. There isn't as much difference in the lap times as i thought there was, but it was definitely easier offline. The tyres don't slip as much it seems.

average lap times:
    1st stint options - online - 1:44.932 - offline - 1:44.233 (0.699 faster)
    2nd stint options - online - 1:44.065 - offline - 1:42.554 (1.511 faster)
    3rd stint primes - online - 1:43.120 - offline - 1:42.587 (0.533 faster)

fastest lap time in both races was lap 14 on options
    online - 1:41.930
    offline - 1:41.404

i did the same strategy in both races. O(start) O(10) P(20)

offline race was against Legend AI and i had to fight with the mid pack around both pitstops, but i didn't lose too much time. in the online race i was alone on track for most of the race

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley
    Meta-SIM-morphosing

I can live with that Karl but how does it compare to the guys you are racing are they affected too.

In Race Pro there is a noticeable slow car bug I have witnessed. Where one car is 3-5 sec off the pace online.

Anyone racing in Silverstone on Sunday if your doing offline practice race try and keep note of your times.
    So you can compare them with the online race. i will anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

i can't speak for the pad drivers but i didn't hear any if them complaining about their pace online.
    i had a difference of about 30 seconds btwn offline and online race time. thats about a second a lap.

• Like Like x 1
  9. What exactly is this? Is someone's car just lacking power which doesn't allow them to get the same times? In 2013 when I did the unequal car tests to see how fast the chassis were, I didn't notice a difference for any of the chassis when driving. They all felt the same, but my lap times were consistently down for the lower tiers, as expected. I'm assuming that they are just lacking power and can't go as fast in order to simulate being in a slower chassis.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley
    Meta-SIM-morphosing

Yes you don't notice you have lack of power Mark, your lap time confirms your slow and it is evident to those passing you on long straghts that your slow. I was host when i suffered with the problem. I wondering is this similar to what Karl is explaining?

• Beer Beer x 1
  11. That's it.

• Beer Beer x 1
  12. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

I'm not sure if this is what happened to me, but i have seen other cars doing it in the game. Can't remember which track and who it was exactly though, but i remember thinking there had to be a slow car bug for them to be going so slow on the straight. I'm not sure if it's a slow car bug like on racepro or if it is just lag. Like what happens in Peters video while he is chasing Colin around for the first lap of Monaco. Colin's car keep transporting ahead and Peter catches him up a little then it transports ahead again.

• Beer Beer x 1
  13. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

check out these quali times from my american league race at Malaysia the other night. I have only included the drivers of who i can verify whether they use a wheel or a pad. The quali session was 100% wet.
    niblips2 - wheel - no assists - 1:55.055
    dieselstrom8 - wheel - no assists - 1:54.465
    Tron4949 - wheel - no assists - 1:54.972
    firebolt428 - wheel - med-TCS - 1:53.958
    Duranko1332 - wheel - assists unknown - 1:52.847

compare those times to the guys i know use a pad:
    Sir Jester Lot - pad - 1:48.649
    chnry88fan - pad - 1:49.503
    JDuff04 - pad - 1:48.94
    SmoothShifter87 - pad - 1:50.148

an obvious advantage to pad users, especially in the wet.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    • Beer Beer x 4
  14. That's a joke! The slower pad time is over a second and a half quicker than the fastest wheel user.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Haha Haha x 1
  15. Thats crazy and a clear indication that something definitely needs fixing. I tweeted Mr Hood a short while ago about a patch to correct the pad \ wheel issue in general so let's see if there is a response.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I think it's fair to say we should set it to clear until patched :laugh:

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

@Karl Fuss said:
    "i did the same strategy in both races. O(start) O(10) P(20)" ... but .. I do ...
    OPP 'cause it feels better....

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. My 2 years old daughter dooing "Heeeey Hoooooo" in a car, freaking funny :whistling:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA2_-eQ26tY

• Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  19. Guys don't bother waiting for CM to fix anything, they are still to fix things since 2010.

On a different note, I see Bernie is at it again. A column on espn f1 reports of him saying that f1 doesn't need young fans, what an arrogant prick; that's exactly why he should be replaced. He's lost touch and has done for a long time. Bye bye mop head.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Haha Haha x 2
  20. Chris Hempsall

Chris Hempsall

Bernie probably can't hear your whining through all that success.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    • Haha Haha x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1