1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Paddock Chat

Discussion in 'X360 | F1 Championship' started by Chris Hempsall, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Hempsall

Chris Hempsall

Here's the new paddock chat. Will be easy to find as the other one has been locked and unstickied.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley
    Meta-SIM-morphosing

1000 posts! that like a new chat thread every week the way we chat around here lol.

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. If they're bothered about it going over a 1000 why didn't they say something 11,000 comments ago :cautious:

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

maybe we'll have to start watching our posts... and keep it to a minimum.

Bwahahaha.

We should have started a new one at the start of November actually. That would have been best.

5. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

They're upgrading the server just now I think and maybe just noticed the thread when they were messing about with something.

6. We talk too much that's all. Well having seen @Jeffery Koranteng post in drivers profile, he must be a demon having only been playing since 2010 to get that fast, he must be like a Jedi Master haha.

• Haha Haha x 2
  7. Haaha thnx for the compliment.
    I will happily trade my speed if any for confidence.
    4 years is a long time u know. Funny enough I only discovered F1 in 2008, lived in Ghana most of my life and had never heard of F1. Saw the 2010 Abu dhabi race on tv and was like wooooooow, these cars look soooo cool. Borrowed the game from a friend and loved it

• Like Like x 4
  8. That is very impressive going, fair play to you for nailing it so well!
    4 years is a long time, but I've played all of them and am nowhere near that speed! I'm definitely better at FPS games though which doesn't help much.
    Scary if you get any quicker haha

• Like Like x 1
  9. Woo hoo. A new Forza 5 thread :p

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=772f7e6e8b16a798#cid=772F7E6E8B16A798&id=772F7E6E8B16A798!167&v=3

Wanted to show Robert what the AI are like in response to the what the guy from Eurogamer said.
    This is on the 7th most difficult drivatar difficultly. Only one level above this.. They are super aggressive at times as you'll see. But they are with each other too. I think that's the most vital part. You never really feel like you're being unfairly spanked off by the AI as they smash each other off, and as you'll see I take no issue with smashing into them either..
    The cool thing is, even though I'm on the 7th most difficult level, which wasn't hugely difficult; the AI will get faster and faster as their real users become more experienced.

And if you're interested, I'm driving a supercharged VW Golf :)

Gotta say too. I put F1 in for the first time last night.. Was very weird.. Noticed the graphical decrease instantly.. Missing the force feedback big time. Oh, and I was 5 seconds of the pace. Don't think my team-mate is here for our championship race this evening, so I'm trying to get my good pal and ex-team-mate Maxtoto to come help me, yay. Can't wait for some Forza 5 circle jerking :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ben Herbert

Ben Herbert
    Next Match attending Hull(H) 16th 15.00

Hi All, hope your all well!

Good luck to all, in the first race of the season :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 2
  11. Cheers Herbs

Have a great race everyone

• Like Like x 2
  12. Have done about 15 laps of practice :(

13. Any tips on when to switch between inters, wets, and slicks? I usually just go with what my engineer says. In 2012, it was obvious because you couldn't control the car. But in this game, there's not an overly dramatic drop off in grip (between wet conditions and inter conditions). I've tried looking at the road to see if there's a difference, but I haven't noticed one. Even at the end of this last champ race, the road still looked soaked, but my inters were overheating and some people were on slicks.

14. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley
    Meta-SIM-morphosing

I'm not the best person to answer this but after last nights race I think I have a better idea. Forget the engineer and forget track conditions. You need to feel the difference with the car on the track, if you start to fish tail, lock up to easily and more importantly massive understeer. All strong signals of been on the wrong tyre, the trick is to relise it before you pass the pit entrance. That's my 2 cents anyway.

Last night I went with how the track looked looked before suffering handling issues and I payed the price.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. yea to add to Gavin's comment, looks are definately decieving on this game. You have to go by feel and also tyre tmperature. Mind you the transition from inters to drys will be harder to tell. On the last lap, i was caught very rapidly by a force india on the dry tyre whilst i was on inters, i wasnt locking up or fishtailing, i was still doing green sector times but he was at least 3 secs faster.
    Its 70% feel the rest is just down to luck/judgement
    also have a feeling that most if not all our league races will have rain
    except................................................................................................................Malaysia

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  16. being very optimistic there Jeffery usually get buckets of rain in Malaysia :ninja:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  17. I didn't notice any of the typical signs, even though my engineer was telling me my tyres were not right for the conditions and that they were too hot or cold throughout the race. I wasn't paying attention to my actual lap times, but I wasn't losing time anywhere.

Same here. Then I noticed several sub 87 second lap times on the last two laps of the race.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Super aggressive? Being kicked off the road "fairly"? A.I. trying to mimic like playing on line? Yet....
    Everything is okay, because it's pretty. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. I'm sure I'd be wowed too if I had the game, but I'm actually glad I'm not diverted, because I know where it leads...nowhere.
    Sure, when I put in Race Pro, it doesn't look like F1 2013, but when i start driving, there is no better feeling in the world on the xbox 360.
    So, again, I'm glad you enjoy it, but because of the deep and inherent "real world" flaws in Forza, I'm sure you will be back. (I'd kill to be 5 seconds off the pace! lol). Eventually, all of us will join you on the x-one, I think, but not just for Forza.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Don't tell Marcin but I had an hour free last night so put the Forza 4 disc in the drive and had a blast on that for a while. @Pete Evans your Top Gear test track video raised my interest to try that one and boy did I have some fun :). I was disappointed when I had to stop. I tried several cars but ened up in an Aston Martin #6 Muscle Milk Aston Martin Racing Lola and then the Peugeot #10 Matmut-Oreca 908. The restricted view in that Peugeot takes some getting used to thats for sure.

After that run out (without any other cars on track I might add) it did remind me how much fun the game can be but for very different reasons to the F1 title. As I have mentioned before they are two very different beasts. The racing and atmosphere in F1 for me is just that much more rewarding and gets me totally immersed in the virtual F1 world. The driving in Forza however, is extremely rewarding and has a very real feel to it. I think you yourself said Pete that Forza is a better 'driving' experience and thats probably a good way to put it, Forza is for driving and F1 is for racing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.