1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paddock Chat

Discussion in 'Xbox One | RaceDepartment INDYCAR Series' started by Rob, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Oulton Park Fosters

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Watkins Glen GP

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Willow Springs GP

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  4. Classic Hockenheim

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  5. Other (please give other choices below)

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Discuss away!

2. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Bout to be online in five min robert uf you qant to run some.missed the c9 akthough I had to retire with the ffb bug.

3. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Ran a 110.0 at laguna last nite felt pretty fast can get 111s with relative ease.sure toasty can best it by a few secs.lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  4. I need to try to get some practice in for Road America asap seeing as I am going to be out of racing action for a while. Anybody run there in these cars yet?

• Like Like x 1
  5. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

I did for a min before work.def need my keyboard to adjust sight lines.but I cant give ya a time quit out in a rush didnt see..lol it wasnt spectacular. Lol

6. Rob

Rob

I was up right before you sent this, then hit the sack for a nap. Just got up, although I'll be around today on extended Easter Holiday.

Peter, as to lap times, I have not really had the chance to push yet. Road America is a great track for these cars, though. The brakes are feeling pretty good to me, unlike usual. And the car is about 1 sec. off the Formula B, which probably was the case in 2014. I still have no applied tha calculator tune here either. "(Glad to see P2P is disabled except for the race).

• Like Like x 1
  7. how about we share our lap times for Road america?
    You guys first! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  8. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

In the indy I think its around 150 152? Really not sure about that

• Like Like x 1
  9. another question, how does it work when it says 3x? we are doing 3 races keeping our positions for the restart?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 1:52/50 is high... very.
    Im going to risk myself and sayyyy..... my best was 1:45:high with tunning in aereo and sway bars, but i´ve been looking around and maybe is posible to improve the lap times with another setup.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rob

Rob

Yes to three races, but no qualifying since the game does not allow it, unless we wanted to make a separate race for it. It would be random order and a rolling start for three races of 33 laps each. With the nature of ovals, qualifying order does not matter that much anyway. But I'm happy to do it if others want to.

12. Rob

Rob

I'll be working on the Trams-Am car to start. It's a blast around here. BTW, does the time trial allow you the HP boost, like you get in the races w/ IndyCar?

13. i don't know how to use the damn button, when in practice and qualy it doesn't work but the other day i joined a lobby and it work in the race. i found out that it work in the last 5 laps but hey, it's something!

• Haha Haha x 1
  14. it's when you assign the kers button I believe. It only works in the race because it's a boost push to pass system for easier overtaking moves. You only get 10 or something in the whole race so use them wisely! just tap the button on a straight and you fly!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rob

Rob

The deal there is, it matches the IndyCar official rules. You can't use it in practice or qualifying, but the "push-to-pass" or "overtake" button is like KERS, and it's gives you about 40bhp extra for ten seconds. You get ten of these per race, as this explains:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. On the Indianapolis track replacement poll I selected other as well as Willow Springs. So my second choice would be Brno.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Rob

Rob

The O/T button should give you a 10 second boost, but I believe in the real series, if you don't use the fell 10 seconds, it's still "gone" and counted as one attempt, so maximizing that is essential IRL, but I'm not sure that's how the game treats it. I seem to remember it filling back up after you let go, but can you press it again before 100% recharged and still just have used one? Don't know.

As an aside, this year's drivers have almost double what we have, to 60 HP now. Same 10 allotments.

18. ok, now that we know how to use the push-to-pass button, let's talk about laguna seca's corkscrew and how to exit that turn without killing yourself and 38 expectators. ...that or super slow grandma style.

• Haha Haha x 3
  19. Rob

Rob

If that brake marker at the crest of the hill before the corkscrew is knocked down (it's like a stick in the sand fer Pete's sake), then I'm always in big trouble. :)

20. Rob

Rob

Setup Road America basically like Spa. It's billed as a "fast" track, but there are some damn tricky slow sections, especially from the tight left going uphill after long straight up front until you get through Kettle Bottoms. In between is pretty technical, although not jagged or angular. All types of turns too, from a massive carousel to a high speed kink to downhill off-camber tight lefts. Seems like every damn turn here is not very cambered or falls away after a blind-crest approach. Deceptively simple, but not.

• Agree Agree x 1