Pacific Coast

Tracks Pacific Coast 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Something for a little later on, after sorting the canyons terrain out.
long_grass.jpg

Made up a Photoshop U.S Road Template... 4k x 16k so really HR
pch_road_01.jpg

(this is scaled back to be able to upload it)
I can switch colours and overlays much easier now
tarmac_types-jpg.238222

With 2 or 3 overlay variations, should give a nice number of combinations.

Then If I can spare the polys I might make the centrelines separate objects, so I can do a billboard texture of different centre line types... dashed / double etc.

Obviously not a Massachusetts road surface. Need to mix in some graphical elements with a ww2 game after heavy shelling :D

Obviously not a Massachusetts road surface. Need to mix in some graphical elements with a ww2 game after heavy shelling :D
You speak the truth. I think most roads are sponsored by companies that sell springs & shocks. "No! Don't repave that road yet!! Give it another 5 years..." then it takes 4 years for Mass. to repave a section of bridge pavement. Thank god we have several lanes to choose from on our highways so traffic doesn't get bad... Oh wait. I think I was dreaming for a second. :mad:

You speak the truth. I think most roads are sponsored by companies that sell springs & shocks. "No! Don't repave that road yet!! Give it another 5 years..." then it takes 4 years for Mass. to repave a section of bridge pavement. Thank god we have several lanes to choose from on our highways so traffic doesn't get bad... Oh wait. I think I was dreaming for a second. :mad:
Around here if they are sponsored, then those sponsors must get furious because the trend here seems to be the more times you dig new holes on your recently applied asphalt layer the merrier. They keep forgetting to put all the cables they need so some sections of roads here are like those multi-layered cakes or at least like they have a serious case of acne

The most I will visually distress the road would be this section on Angeles Forest Highway... for LA Canyons... I probably won't have the polys spare for heavy shelling after around 100kms of roads :D
View attachment 238657

I love it.

And you know what? Normally we complain when user-made tracks have holes in the ground mesh, so that your car gets into a bottomless fall. For a MessyChusetts simulation that would actually be a feature :D

The most I will visually distress the road would be this section on Angeles Forest Highway... for LA Canyons... I probably won't have the polys spare for heavy shelling after around 100kms of roads :D
View attachment 238657

You don't need extry polys to do such a road all around LA Canyons, just blend with a cracked tarmac texture.

Edit: Ah, I see what the issue is, you have a single texture for your road+lines.
Why didn't you go with multimap?

It's no worries mate, I was only joking... I'll more than likely clone the visual road, move it 0.5cms and add a transparent crack etc texture over the top... For now to keep things simple, I have the road and lines on the diffuse... But when things are in place I will take the spline and make the centreline separately. I will make a billboard texture for double yellows, dotted etc. I might as well do it this way because of the intersections... or i'll go for 2 diffuse... one with double yellow lines, for most of the track... and one without any lines... I'll play it by ear.

Using the road in 0.3 to roughly setup some refined road shaders / textures... They're almost doing what I want now, and 50mb less than the current release....
Screenshot_ferrari_599xxevo_la_canyons_2-3-118-14-7-1.jpg

And I'm using the Multilayer Fresnel_nm shader.

Hey Phoenix,

All these pictures look delicious, are you planning to release an update soon?
There are no more servers offering this track, it's a bit sad. That would revive interest, I think.

Hi mate, good to hear from you... Yeah I noticed the servers disappeared... Still... it is what it is.
I've done my bit making my tracks... So if anyone feels like hosting any servers, it's entirely up to them... It was great fun driving with you guys while it lasted.

There probably won't be an update soon, I've been flicking between projects to keep myself from getting bored tbh. Both projects are pushing the other one forward though... And it's easier testing various elements in one or the other.... But the overall picture is starting to come together nicely :)

I'd be happy with an 0.95.1 to be honest. It seems like it got some good amount of visual bump up and I'd say just do it.
I'm sure even a little update would refresh the interest. It surely would for me!

But it's your project of course. I'll be here, fence sitting and watching the progress regardless of a new upload :)

Yeah that's cool, I probably got a little too interested in getting some more groundwork done on the canyons... Which in doing so, has opened my eyes to new ways of doing some important things... All my California projects are starting to come together... Just quite a lot of sorting out to do :)

I'll need to go through and make a detailed... to do list, it's quite a big list :D

lol Yeah that's pretty much my hard drive... The file I want is always at the back! :confused: It's more... challenging, for Pacific... as with being new to all this track making at the beginning... my trial and error (lots & lots)... resulted in me having way too many versions of older things that need to be purged, textures, models, etc etc... I've found it easier to try things out for the canyons... as it's pretty much a blank canvas. Both tracks will get there though :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back