Pacific Coast

Tracks Pacific Coast 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm not adjusting anything else other than any materials that are in the main model... as I adjust the main models shaders...
It changes how all the models referenced in the model.ini's are shaded.
So it would be a waste of time setting up the tree or ocean shaders now... as they will change as I tweak settings... If that makes sense.

I wanted a bit more turquoise on the ocean anyway... to make it more realistic...
So it might work out well :)

Looking good mate! Hope to try your updated version before I actually go there in May :D
Haven't been in the US for 13 years, and this time I want to drive the HW1!

Thanks @Tberg . Yeah hopefully I'll get it all nailed by then... Depending on when I get available time of course. Lucky you, actually driving along PCH... Depending on the Caltrans work (after a massive landslide)... you might even get to drive the section of PCH I've recreated in real life... Just at road legal speeds of course ;)

Thanks @Tberg . Yeah hopefully I'll get it all nailed by then... Depending on when I get available time of course. Lucky you, actually driving along PCH... Depending on the Caltrans work (after a massive landslide)... you might even get to drive the section of PCH I've recreated in real life... Just at road legal speeds of course ;)
Do some of the roads up north as well :D.
One Sunday, I drove from Tamales Bay to Ft..Bragg without ever noticing, because I was having so much fun on the switch-backs. The entire coast is fun to drive.

Giving the gas stations a bit of attention... Just a shot from 3DS so not in game yet.
GAS_STATION_REWORK_02.jpg

Fast and the Phoenix: pacific drift incoming
If I decide to do it... It will be a pretty good place for me to get my drifting skills up to speed :D
The test helix I drafted up ended up going less than ideally smooth... but makes me more tempted to do it :)
helix_loft_03.jpg

BTW @Phoenix77 I don't know if an AC update changed something but I can run over 100 slots now without fps dropping below 60. Remember my 30-50 fps with it? :O_o:
Just awesome! :geek:
Yeah I remember the performance drop you experienced earlier, thanks again for testing it out mate.
That is cool that it's running smoother now... Maybe someone at Kunos was listening :D

Maybe that could mean I could possibly also do a 100+ LA Canyons layout. That's for later on though :)

That Screenshot looks so tempting!! :geek::geek::geek:

Little story to how I found out that it's working now:
I finally read up on the two Render Stats apps and then I thought "okay let's see what really happens with so many cars!"
Only to find out, that nothing happens :roflmao::D

It is pretty tempting... But don't want to lower the value of the Mansion real estate haha. Would also easily fit around 40+ cars in the basement parking area... in a circle arrangement. It only took a minute to do a loft around a helix... so no time lost if I decide not to.

I have no idea what that means... But the important thing is... It sounds good news :D
Thanks again for testing the performance aspects out... appreciate it Rasmus :) :thumbsup:

Now all that needs to be done is to get the numbers in there at once...
I think the most I've seen is around 25 - 30 at one time. I must admit I didn't see any performance issues at all.. Would be crazy to see a busy day along the coast with 50 - 100 cars doing their thing :)

Are we ever getting an update release on any of your tracks? Hehe j/k here, we're all looking forward for these updates
To speed things up... I need a few crazy people to attempt to make massive AI lines and camera sets... Know anyone that's crazy enough to make cameras for huge tracks (not the tiny tiny ones) ? ;) lol (Btw I call anything below 15kms tiny)

Also joking... I need to finalise all the terrain textures, then place foliage, scatter some boulders and rocks, raise the barriers, add supports, add end plates (yellow black warning signs)... etc... etc... first.

Plans for my track now are basically detailing... and improving existing buildings etc... What is currently in Pacific Coast is basically most of the ground work.
Currently I'm working on LA Canyons getting an extra 54kms of roads in... and making some assets, which will most likely get added to Pacific.
pine_001.jpg

I couldn't find any decent pine trees that were easy to crop.. So I decided to make some elements in Max... The above model is made out of 5 million polys... But as I have the model elements... I can make as many variants as I like... and render them out at as high a res as I like...
I will have to improve my Max rendering skills somewhat though, that shadow at the bottom of the trunk is not good enough atm... But you get the idea ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back