Pacific Coast

Tracks Pacific Coast 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Oh and I think you were correct about some un-natural elevation changes... and some of the corners multi-apex corners were wrong... This is gonna flow like a mother fu**er..... ;)

Can't you do the tree shadows by doing a bake in your 3D modeling tool? Instead of dotting by hand ;)
If I can work out how the .... to do that, I'll give it a shot mate lol ;)
I know for sure I'm doing things the Loooooonnnggg way round...
But as with the time it took to find out that the barriers were loft compounds...
Sometimes my Max newbness problem is knowing what menu something's hiding in :confused: or WTF it's called... Then I have the fun of working out HTF to use it lol

I kind of wish I used Blender as most tutorials I find seem to be for Blender not Max

Finally got the road back in and the flow is possibly better than LA Canyons now...
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota_pacific_coast_v1_6-7-117-19-46-49.jpg

I've lined it up with high res satellite images and it's much more accurate
the Lamborghini Diablo likes it along here much much much more now! :)
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota_pacific_coast_v1_6-7-117-19-36-42.jpg

Also have a shader with a rough bump (normal) map setup over the terrain.
This was a massive load of work almost going back to scratch...
But it's been completely worth doing :)

Awesome job!
Looking amazing mate. Well done.
Thanks, glad you're liking it so far :) Helps increase the sense of speed along with the normal map... and there isn't one single object in yet! :)
They're only really quick tests atm... Just testing out how they work and what I can get out of them... I won't waste the time getting them to their final state until I sort out the road textures Properly!

I also intend to clone the visual road mesh in various sections... to add random details like tar lines, cracks, scratches, patches etc... That will mostly depend on my Photoshop skills increasing. They're getting there though :)

Thanks, glad you're liking it so far :) Helps increase the sense of speed along with the normal map... and there isn't one single object in yet! :)
They're only really quick tests atm... Just testing out how they work and what I can get out of them... I won't waste the time getting them to their final state until I sort out the road textures Properly!

I also intend to clone the visual road mesh in various sections... to add random details like tar lines, cracks, scratches, patches etc... That will mostly depend on my Photoshop skills increasing. They're getting there though :)
WOW!! This thing is looking awesome... :geek: :)
Funny...I literally just posted a message in Lilski's Bridgehampton thread - because there was an up & coming track builder who recently posted - I stated that random tar lines, cracks, scratches...completely different pavement color showing a section that was resurfaced more recently than the section of road before or after it. :D

Man...You are really growing as a 3D artist. I totally love how your road's pavement and the dirt blend together. You are killin' it. :thumbsup: :cool:

I just happened to be reading an article on CG Society about making "realistic water". It wouldn't apply to your track because it's an animated water, among several other things. The reason I brought that up is because as soon as I read the title of the CG Society article...I immediately thought of your PCH project and how nice the road looks following the coast of the Pacific Ocean. :D

WOW!! This thing is looking awesome... :geek: :)
Funny...I literally just posted a message in Lilski's Bridgehampton thread - because there was an up & coming track builder who recently posted - I stated that random tar lines, cracks, scratches...completely different pavement color showing a section that was resurfaced more recently than the section of road before or after it. :D

Man...You are really growing as a 3D artist. I totally love how your road's pavement and the dirt blend together. You are killin' it. :thumbsup: :cool:

I just happened to be reading an article on CG Society about making "realistic water". It wouldn't apply to your track because it's an animated water, among several other things. The reason I brought that up is because as soon as I read the title of the CG Society article...I immediately thought of your PCH project and how nice the road looks following the coast of the Pacific Ocean. :D
Thanks mate, really glad you're liking it so far... I'm only trying a few things out at the moment... I can't finalize anything until I get the road textures done 100% so I'm hoping they'll be even better transitions :)
But even with my testing... The sense of speed goes up massively :)
Keep your fingers crossed that my Photoshop skills increase and I'll be able to get this to how I envision it being.
It's a ton of work getting the side panel geometry smooth.. where I have steep gradients right at the edge of the road... But I'll get it sorted!
The tar lines and cracks will really be the icing on the cake... I'm looking forward to getting to that stage... some of the terrain smoothing is slow tedious work, but if I spend a week or two getting it 100% it'll be worth it as I won't be doing this again! It's been a MAJOR back track... But I'm happy, as it's totally paid off... This will effectively be Pacific Coast 2.0

Yeah it would be amazing to get the water animated... But unfortunately... even if the AC engine allowed it... It would be a massive performance drain.. I will probably be tweaking the ocean plane at some point as well... But it's not a priority just yet.

Screenshot_ferrari_laferrari_pacific_coast_v1_11-7-117-18-7-43.jpg

This section in the South is now far more accurate... As you can probably see in the screenshot
Just recorded a test AI line... a leisurely 8m 33 seconds in a La Ferrari
No point spending too long recording a decent line as I will need to re-record it again after I do the high res FFB physical mesh...
Screenshot_ferrari_laferrari_pacific_coast_v1_11-7-117-17-54-6.jpg

This side road up the mountain isn't following the lines of the dirt track,
I moved that to make it more driftable :D

Last edited:
Oh my life that is some properly cracking stuff there Phoenix, I'm in love! :inlove:
Thanks mate, has been a load of work back tracking... But it was the right decision :)

im getting very anxious to drive it. Can't wait.
Thanks mate :) Glad you're looking forward to it... Going to be a while yet...
So many things left to re-do...
But I'm glad to get it back to the driveable stage

I'm hyped :geek::notworthy:
This looks simply beautiful :)
Thanks mate... Still needs quite a lot of work...
But it's finally heading towards where I saw it going when I decided to make the PCH :)

This is simply one of the best canyon (?) track ever made. Very detailed and well thought up course. However, there's a little issue I'm having here. I think you might have known this and this must have been fixed anyway, but well here's a video showing what I mean.

https://transfer.sh/lhbeL/Assetto Corsa 07.16.2017 - 13.43.16.01(1).mp4

Also great to see you're making so much improvements to this track. I'm so looking forward to the next update!

This is simply one of the best canyon (?) track ever made. Very detailed and well thought up course. However, there's a little issue I'm having here. I think you might have known this and this must have been fixed anyway, but well here's a video showing what I mean.
Also great to see you're making so much improvements to this track. I'm so looking forward to the next update!
Thanks @acrox999 glad you like it,
Sorry mate, there's not a lot of point checking out the video... as Pacific Coast is getting such a big overhaul... After taking the decision to get the road flow more like LA Canyons... Pretty much everything is getting re-done... While I'm at it I'm getting it prepared for a few other things...

Roadsigns, bushes, trees, FFB mesh, AI lines, layouts, barriers, road position, terrain smoothing, track cameras..... But it's all going to be more than a little bit better ;) Just as soon as I get the chance to get the sidepanels blended 100% the other things will fall into place.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%