Pacific Coast

Tracks Pacific Coast 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I could have used those guardrails the other day... :sick: :laugh:
lol Sounds like you might have gone a bit beyond cruising speed then mate...
The barriers aren't everywhere and most of the 195 sections are on the coastal side of the road... So there's still plenty of potential to bounce off a barrier and roll it... But there should be less swimming going on :)

I could get by with one barrier. There's one spot I always end up in the drink. Just one. (But I'm not joking about the always part.)
Seeing as there are now 195 barrier sections.... you're getting 194 extra mate ;)
Unless you're extremely unlucky... I reckon I've covered the spot you're having an issue with...

I thought I'd test an F138 and easily managed to do a leisurely 7 minute run... Not because I was bouncing off the barriers... More because of the confidence they give :) The AI in modern F1 cars do have a few mishaps though!
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_f138_pacific_coast_8-3-117-20-51-3.jpg

I've put the barriers in such a way that the faster you go... the more chance you will have of finding them at the right time...
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_fxx_k_pacific_coast_9-3-117-11-6-26.jpg

In testing I also managed to rail slide a barrier like I was doing a grind on a skateboard lol... I was going to extend the collision mesh up, so it was like a fence... but I decided to put the collision mesh exactly level with the top of the barriers... So jumping and clearing the barriers is possible if you get it totally wrong!
If nothing else my 3DS finetuning skills are improving :)
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_fxx_k_pacific_coast_9-3-117-10-59-43.jpg
Let me know if anyone wants a WIP barrier version to be uploaded soon?
The barriers have no stanchions or end caps atm... but they make the road much much much more driver friendly.

@aphidgod maybe take a quick screenshot of the "spot" you have trouble with... when you get time... post it in here... and I'll show you if it's covered by a barrier or not ;) lol

BTW I really wanted to rate your post as :laugh:... But seeing as you said "always" I didn't think I should risk upsetting you any further! lol

Last edited:
Barriers, Bushes and Bridges...
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_plus_pacific_coast_17-3-117-20-16-38.jpg

Fine tuning a few things then should be uploading later tonight or tomorrow...
I think everyone should be able to make it now... Pretty rapidly ;)

If you can't.... Maybe use the plane and fly along it lol

Phoenix77 updated Pacific Coast with a new update entry:

Barriers, Bridges and Bushes... and a PCH Balloon

View attachment 179938
Added Crash Barriers (195)
Added a few bushes (15k)
Added some Bridges...
Tweaked the asphalt shader... Thanks to @LilSki for help with this :thumbsup:
Added kerbs around Parking Lots...
Added a collision meshes around Gas station & pumps
Closed some mesh holes... One day I'll get all of them...!
Removed the Ideal Lines to get the file size under 300MB
Tweaked tree shaders
And... Had to add a Pacific Coast balloon...
View attachment 179940

Read the rest of this update entry...

I wish I could use this mod. I've added it to the correct folder, like I do with every other track. It won't show in the game. Any thoughts?

I reckon you have a folder in a folder mate....
MAKE SURE
you only copy the pacific_coast folder into your assettocorsa/content/tracks folder...
If you have a folder called pacific_coast_(v0.815) in your assettocorsa/content/tracks folder you've gone wrong...
Always extract mods to a temp directory (If you don't already do this) as it's safer...
and always have a look at the files and folders you have inside any folders before you copy into your install... To double check :)

Not sure, but thought this might come in handy. If not, still beautiful to look at. :D
Thanks mate :) Very nice photo's... The coast looks so arid in those shots... In other photo's I've seen it's seas of green fields...
It's amazing how much this coastline changes... I might have to do an arid texture version...
After I sort out the textures for the normal version of course lol

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back