Pacific Coast

Tracks Pacific Coast 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
With a track of your length it might be best to do a flat rail and use the texture and normal map to make them look 3D. Nords is setup this way.
Yeah mate that could be a definite possibility... But I wasn't going to put barriers in everywhere... The real road has a surprising lack of barriers in some places where you think there should be some. But I will have to watch how many subdivisions I use vertically... and obviously along the path... enough to get a smoothish curve.
But either way I will make a flat, low poly rail for the collision mesh using the same spline path. Which is a lot easier than the way I was doing it... Also doing an array along the same spline is going to be very useful. I'm just glad to know the name of the object now :) Knowing my way around in 3DS has been my main issue.

That's all the chevrons in (only for the Big Sur layout atm)
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_r_pacific_coast_17-2-117-18-3-26.jpg
Will add chevrons to the North route in the next following update... Probably with some HeliCams...
But it now has warning signs :)

Just getting the basic track cams in/out point's re-sync'd to the new AI line then will be releasing it...
Hopefully later tonight.

Last edited:
I've had to do a bit of trouble shooting.... All because the UI tag "A2B" was coming up with the "race mode not selected on..." message... Weird!
So I've had to use the UI tag "touge"... Anyway A2B sounds a bit boring... touge sounds much better! lol

South cameras working and sync'd... added some North cameras (long overdue)
I haven't spent more hours sync'ing the "Cruise" layouts cameras...
They don't seem to be too far out of sync... Result :)

Will be uploading shortly... (as I keep saying lol) :confused:

EDIT - Just giving the UI a bit of love :)
New_UI.jpg

Last edited:
Phoenix77 updated Pacific Coast with a new update entry:

Improved Textures & Cruise Layouts (etc)

Improved Textures
Added 1st version high resolution FFB mesh
Added Cruise Layouts (AI run at 80% and on the right)
Added roadsigns to North layout
Added Track cameras to North layout
Added Chevrons to South layout (Big Sur)
Changed UI previews
Improved AI for Race layouts
(inc AI hints so a GT1 or 962C should make it)
Enable tree shadows
Re-structured trees in to layers..
(Will add Medium_Far, Far, and distant layers to the next version)
Far improved ocean shaders (will need a few tweaks)...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I might have had a few too many Bourbons celebrating releasing this pretty big update... But I'm really appreciative of those that have supported me from the very start... and could see the potential... I really hope you all have some good runs down here :) Let me know times, which cars...
Someone let me know the quickest a GT3 RS can make it Southbound ;) If you beat 9:39 you easily beat me :)

Cruise with the supercars? :rolleyes::cool:

XqFDtwvh.jpg

diQuai3h.jpg
That's really awesome in a funny but also cool way... Your Transit mod is looking quality :)
and tbh... it's looking just a little bit out of place racing (or cruising) with with a P1, F40 and an LaFerrari...
I can tell by your mods that you're a Ford man...
Any chance at some point to have a go at modding one of these to your usual high quality?
2gGxdkg.jpg

How cool would a few of these look down here ;)
Really glad you're giving your mods a test run down here mate :) Hope you're enjoying it

I'm really surprised no one on here has noticed a lack of Big Sur signs.....?
I'm just uploading a nano update... 0.699a...
This is what you should have seen...
Screenshot_ferrari_laferrari_pacific_coast_19-2-117-18-12-51.jpg
In future I will use these signs... But more important things to look at...
highway-one.jpg

No one looks at roadsigns I'm guessing? lol

@garyjpaterson must have been too busy looking at his transit gleaming in the California sun

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back