Pacific Coast

Tracks Pacific Coast 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Like Brandon mentioned above, me to I prefer multiple layout instead of having to rename files in a folder.
About incoming traffic, I have noticed that often, even with one AI passing an other with a 3rd car coming the other way, on SP 237, which I believe might even be narrower than yours, they do not collide most of the time.
Nice to know, thanks for the feedback mate
And if I space out the start positions by a kilometre or so chances are they won't be in the same place at the same time :)

I use Content Manager so I just see little thumbnails of the different versions under the main thumbnail, no pollution! :D
Sounds like I will have to seriously look into using Content Manager! :D

+1 to a dedicated Cruise version. Keep up the great job man! And hey I'm starting to like you sea;)
I think your +1 makes dedicated North & South Cruise layouts unanimous.
Thanks, glad you're liking the ocean now ;) lol
Maybe you're liking it more because you're not ending up in it quite as often? ;) lol

Sounds like I will have to seriously look into using Content Manager! :D

Oh, for sure. It's super simple to setup and is just so much more pleasant to work with than the default launcher. It's way faster, less cluttered, has more features, and even allows you to "fix" sounds on broken mod cars. You can create new car thumbnails, create custom grid placements (i.e. this car in P2, that car in P3, this car in P4), set a range for the AI strength (i.e. set the low to 85% and the high to 95% and you'll have cars on the grid that can have anywhere from 85% to 95% strength which creates more realistic racing), save preset races (i.e. GT3 at Spa, so all you have to do is load the preset and the cars, tracks, track settings, laps, etc. are all in place and ready to go), do track days, set the track to real-time weather conditions, you can remove/install mods while it's running so no need to shut down and restart the program when adding mods, and it starts/closes instantly instead of having to wait through all the credits like the default launcher.

And that's just a portion of what it can do. I never use the default launcher anymore, Content Manager is just better in every way. There's a free version but for a small donation (your choice of amount) you can get the full version, I think the free version has most of the functionality of the full version but doesn't include multiplayer, totally worth tossing the dude a few bucks though.

Here's what it looks like in action.

http://assettocorsa.club/content-manager.html

Thanks for all the info mate, I must've been living under a Sim Racing rock lol
That seems totally worth it... If it loads quick and you can come out quickly that would save me a load of time when I'm trying out different sections of this track :)

The only thing I wouldn't be too sure about is... would loading in thru a different launcher... affect things like AI recording etc?

Thanks for all the info mate, I must've been living under a Sim Racing rock lol
That seems totally worth it... If it loads quick and you can come out quickly that would save me a load of time when I'm trying out different sections of this track :)

The only thing I wouldn't be too sure about is... would loading in thru a different launcher... affect things like AI recording etc?
Not that I have seen.

Seems like the AI can get closer to each other since the update...
Here's 23 supercars cruising down the coast :)

Were......were the faster cars overtaking the slower cars?? :confused: That looked good. I've also heard they don't slow down for cars entering/exiting the pits and can work their way around stopped cars too. I wonder if/how this will improve your traffic? :whistling:

Yeah, I put some slightly slower cars up front... using Power to Weight ratio...
I've got a UI tag mod, which groups cars in 0.5 PWR increments.
they work pretty well with my track as it's a pretty fast road :)

The AI seem to have a better sense of what's around them I think... They have some nice moves :) I think it's definitely improved the over-taking down here!
It's a shame they can't just come of the gas... instead of tapping their brakes to keep to the 80% power (or speed) limit my ai_hints.ini puts on them.

I wish... would love to drive a muscle car... As much as I love Firebirds...
a 67' Mustang Fastback would definitely be my no.1 choice :)
Well there is some beginning work on some physics for some 2nd Gen Firebirds based off my car. May start working on a model soon too.

Well there is some beginning work on some physics for some 2nd Gen Firebirds based off my car. May start working on a model soon too.
Now that sounds seriously good mate... Good luck with that :)
It's also a shame there's no Corvette C4 Grand Sport mods...
A 77 Firebird & A C4 Grand Sport along the coast would be amazing!

Screaming chickens FTW.
giphy.gif

Getting back on topic... These won't be in the next version... But I know how to create them now :)
barrier_test.jpg

Turns out they were a "loft" compound object... Thanks 3DS for not calling it "extrude along spline"
That would have been way too easy to find...!

Last edited:
Getting back on topic... These won't be in the next version... But I know how to create them now :)
View attachment 173572
Turns out they were a "loft" compound object... Thanks 3DS for not calling it "extrude along spline"
That would have been way too easy to find...!
With a track of your length it might be best to do a flat rail and use the texture and normal map to make them look 3D. Nords is setup this way.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 443 39.6%