PaceNote Plugin Support - Sounds

I used: "audacity" and don't have problem, except when word was to long, you must correct timing lenghts of new sounds (too long words by time value). And if you have too much pace notes in short road distance...
Yes, I used Audacity too, but I'm sure it's not because of the silence in the pacenotes, I don't know, it's very strange, it takes more than 20 secs. to read a pacenote when the longest audio file is 7 tenths.

I'm not sure what you actually mean, but you must don't leave any silence in sound file. Cut everything until real sound start... And I always, try keep my sound lenght in range 0.30 -0.60, 0.70 as possible...
If sound (real sound) is to longer this range I did this tip: Go to Effect>Change Tempo. I try find balance between speed and normal sound impression...
And of course I used file settings : 16000Hz 16-bit PCM, Mono...

I'm not sure what you actually mean, but you must don't leave any silence in sound file. Cut everything until real sound start... And I always, try keep my sound lenght in range 0.30 -0.60, 0.70 as possible...
If sound (real sound) is to longer this range I did this tip: Go to Effect>Change Tempo. I try find balance between speed and normal sound impression...
And of course I used file settings : 16000Hz 16-bit PCM, Mono...
Hi, thank you for helping me. What I meant is that I didn't leave any silence and I didn't use long sentences. The problem is that it read the pacenotes every 30 seconds, it reads one, and the sound file has no silence! I don't know why this happens...

I used Audacity using: 11025Hz 16 bits PCM Mono... I'm confused, I don't know what to do.

Javier, I suggest you should try using another mod already integrated to the plugin. Like the German one. Then you'd know at least whether these problems of yours are exclusive to your own mod or not.

If weird things only occur with your own mod, I'm sure the solution would be an easy one even if things may look bleak right now. As I do have an excellent track record with these things, I can certainly help you - privately if needed - but let's not go there yet.

Thank you Porridge. The problem is that the german one doesn't have the sounds I want, I mean it only has the "basic" sounds, but yes, it sounds good.

However, I notice another strange thing that may help: I edited the pacenotes to Harwood Forest using Numeric and descriptive, as my sounds were recorded to this settings. Ok, no problem. The strange thing is that with the new pacenotes for Harwood it takes, as I said in another messages, 30 seconds between pacenotes, but if I put the original pacenotes for Harwood and then I change the pacenotes from RBR.ini to numeric and descriptive without editing anything and without saving it, it reads them good. If I put the original English sounds it reads pacenotes good in every situation, but mine only with the original pacenotes for the stages, if I save the .DLS file with numeric and descriptive it doesn't read it good. Maybe it could help.

I don't know if was clear enough, I know this could be confuse.

All that is very clear. And it seems even clearer that there is something wrong with your own files. What exactly then, it's pure guesswork but what I do know is that I couldn't replicate your problem with my custom mod.

So, I hate to say this but just because you have no similar problems with other mods, first you should have to make sure that EVERY SINGLE SOUND FILE you are using is truly with correct encoding quality. Maybe there's something you're missing right now. The filesizes are revealing. I'd imagine if your longest file is 7 tenths of a second, as you said before, you shouldn't have any OGGs over 10kb (or let's say 12kb just to be on the safe side). So I'd double-check everything going over that 10kb.

But apart from that, I have only far-fetched "ideas".

1) You have saved things as .DLS, so what about saving edited Harwood pacenotes as BTB format (numeric.ini), and see if loading the BTB format pacenotes change matters in any way?

2) Are you perhaps using RSRBR2014? And if so, is there any chance you could test with a clean RBR (or alternatively, with any other online plugin) to take RSRBR2014 out of equation. And I stress that testing with RichardBurnsRallySSE.exe if located in RSRBR2014 installation folder may not be enough. (NOTE. RSRBR2013 would be just fine.)

I'd have even more outlandish points to make, but let's leave it here for now.

Thank you so much, I think we're coming to the point because there are some sound files that, after being converted into the correct Hz settings, weights more than 30kb and that sounds very strange. I'm going one by one searching for this issue and then I'll test it again, but I think that this must be the mistake.

Thank you so much!

Hi, this months I was very busy preparing my exams and I couldn't continue doing my own pacenotes. Now, it works really well so the problem is solved.

Thank you to all that helped me, especially to Porridge, thanks mate. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back