PaceNote Plugin Support - Download

The current version of the pacenote plugin alias "The Beast" can be downloaded here:

RBR Pacenote plugin

Version History
---------------------------------------------------------------------
1.11.0 2017-08-25
* new config parameter enableGUI to support VR devices

1.10.0 2015-02-03
* optimized end scene hook

1.9.0 2015-01-19
* show replay hud and mute pacenotes switches in config file

1.8.0 2014-09-21
* added support for online plugins

1.7.0 2014-06-17
* added french translation and sounds

1.6.0 2013-08-31
* added czech translation and sounds
* suppress "wrong way" message (menu)

1.5 2013-03-02
* fixed moving of dash at higher resolutions

1.3 2013-01-02
* show dialogs in countdown and endrace mode
* no save button in replay tab
* reset callout handler
* keep setting of "no link/sticky" attribute when adding subsequent notes

1.2 2012-12-21
* slowmotion and fast forward in replay
* mute callouts separately in game and replay mode

1.1 2012-04-07
* new special "Callout Adjust" pace note
* show dialogs in game menu mode
* load pacenotes from BTB formatted ini file
* "remove all" menu item

1.0 2012-04-01
* Initial version.

Last edited:
Updated to version 1.7, link as usual in first post.

Thanks to Christophe we now have French pacenote sounds and the dialogs have been translated to French as well.

It takes time, but we get more and more languages into "The Beast" thanks to the efforts of the community.

Hi WorkerBee, many thanks for this plugin, the camera options are amazing. I have one issue though that I wonder if you know how to resolve. I play the vanilla RBR and don't plan on changing the original pacenotes, but after installing the plugin, on mineshaft (possibly on other tracks too that I havent tried), I occasionally get a brand new co-driver voice saying "caution". It is very off putting because it is a different voice to the original co-driver. Do you know why this happens? Am I able to only hear the original pacenotes again without having to remove the plugin or manually deleting this callout each time i hear it?
Many Thanks, Again.

Obviously I'm not The Bee, but open PaceNote.ini and change the line: sounds=english/male/steve → sounds=english

EDIT. I just remembered: There are some extra plus and minus calls in \sounds\english that are only there for "shop demonstration" (another voice), and you can just delete them if you want, so you'll never hear them on stages like Undva, for instance.

Last edited:
Obviously I'm not The Bee, but open PaceNote.ini and change the line: sounds=english/male/steve → sounds=english

EDIT. I just remembered: There are some extra plus and minus calls in \sounds\english that are only there for "shop demonstration" (another voice), and you can just delete them if you want, so you'll never hear them on stages like Undva, for instance.
Thanks Porridge! Worked like a treat!

Thanks for great work. I'm lovin' it
I have a problem. When I try to save cam_internal it says "failed to save camera settings"
I can save eagle, bird, hawk... all of the cameras except bonnet,bonnet2,internal
Any help please?

Looks like your car's INI file is read-only.
Remove that flag from the "RBR\cars\yourcar\yourcar.ini" file.
The failing cameras are saved in this file, the others go to "cameras.ini", which is located in the Pacenote folder (and usually writeable).

Looks like your car's INI file is read-only.
Remove that flag from the "RBR\cars\yourcar\yourcar.ini" file.
The failing cameras are saved in this file, the others go to "cameras.ini", which is located in the Pacenote folder (and usually writeable).

Yes, that solved it. You made me so happy thanks a lot! :)

Hello WorkerBee! Great work with this plugin :) I have a problem and i hope you can help me. I installed a new co-driver, but the sound is very low. How can i raise the volume? Thanks.

I suppose you will have to work on all the files using a compressor in your favorite sound editing tool.
This is what we did with the other co-driver sounds that are part of the Pacenote plugin.

• Deleted member 875593

Hello! Is there a way to change to german pacenotes? I trie´d fiddling with the ini, but all i get to hear is "30" in german.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back