Pacenote Editor Tutorial

Well the thing is that whenever you edit BTB pacenotes, you have to (exit and) open RSCenter again so that it loads the latest versions of stage .7z files. So if we're to be precise, RSCenter doesn't overwrite anything, it just loads all the stages in RXRSRBR folder at one go - and only once - when you start RSCenter. The utility cannot "refresh" the stage folder whenever you've done any pacenote edits.

If you had checked what you have said then you would realize that RSCenter Track information is loaded into the RX_CONTENT\Track sub folder and IT DOES OVERWRITE any existing folders/files in the Track subfolder - please go and test what you have said and what Workerbee also posted.

The bigger problem comes when you dream about having your own pacenotes in online rallys, meaning that you have to edit the BTB stage packs. That has been impossible so far because the packs are protected by passwords. And maybe for a good reason, because one could theoretically cheat by editing the pacenote txt file, and for instance shorten any stage that way. And in rallies, 1-2 meters could make all the difference. :)

I said that if you are in windows mode you can switch between the RSCenter screen where is is waiting for you to start the stage and actually edit the pacenote.ini file. That, as WorkerBee said, is then the pacenote.ini file is converted by rx_plugin as the stage loads.

I wouldn't have thought that the pacenote.ini file dictates the length of a stage, surely it is merely a suplementary file that adds the audio calls at points along the track file??

OK, now I see things more clearly and I shouldn't have said anything in the first place. I misunderstood the whole situation completely, as I was "reading my own things into it". You're absolutely correct in what you're saying and there's no need for me to do any testing on the matter. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

There is a way to make the file switching more handy, but one has to ask if it's really worth it. So enough about that.

But the bit about the stage length is true, even if it may be far-fetched. (One can't change the starting position, but moving the finish line is possible indeed.) Far-fetched in a sense that it seriously can't be the reason why Rallyesim have password-protected the BTB stage packs.

Ok i`m starting to get my head around editing the notes, but i finding it hard to understand how the "Call distance" markers work. sometimes i`ll find a note that is just called to late compered to the other notes, but even if i move the "Call distance" further away from the corner it doesn`t seem to change when the note is called so i end up having the change the call distance for all the notes in the options just for 1 or 2 corners.

If anyone could shed a little light on this problem it would be a great help :D

thx

The call distance will not change if the pace note is late due to other pacenotes before it. So if you have 3 pacenotes in a row, and it takes him too long to tell you the first 2 notes, the third will be late because it took him too long to get out the first two. If you have a whole string of notes then the only way is to move back the other notes like you are doing as far as I know.

thx Aaron, i thought that might be the case.

I just did a test on Rally school to try and figure out how the call distances in the notes relate to when the corner is called by whiping the default notes out and starting from scratch and the call distance markers to me appeare to do absolutly nothing. i made new notes 1st without any call distances and the game called to corners out ok, then i added several call distances but it never made any difference to when the note was called or add a distance call to the note ie:- 3 left 100 like i thought it might.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I would have thought that the call distance only calls the distance to the next obstacle (bend, corner or whatever). I would expect them to be totally separate and not related to the calling of the bend. I've found in the past that there are two things that affect when the bend is called, one being the distance from the corner that the pacenote is placed and the ingame setting in the options/pacenotes. I for instance had mine at 6 blocks but the pacenotes were being call too late, so I increased it to 9 blocks and the notes were called earlier giving me chance to brake in time for the corners.

I'll try and look at it later and give some more input to this discussion.

Pete

I would have thought that the call distance only calls the distance to the next obstacle (bend, corner or whatever). I would expect them to be totally separate and not related to the calling of the bend. I've found in the past that there are two things that affect when the bend is called, one being the distance from the corner that the pacenote is placed and the ingame setting in the options/pacenotes. I for instance had mine at 6 blocks but the pacenotes were being call too late, so I increased it to 9 blocks and the notes were called earlier giving me chance to brake in time for the corners.
Pete is absolutely right here.
If you want the call for a corner to be emitted earlier, you have to move the "corner call" (eg EASY LEFT) away from the corner by pushing it backwards. The call distance is the distance to the next call, as Pete said.
Three things affect the time pace notes are emitted:
* the distance from the corner that the pacenote is placed
* ingame setting in the options/pacenotes
* the actual speed of the car (this is the one Pete was missing)

6 blocks definitely is not enough, at least 8, 9 or 10 are required for the calls to be in time, depending on the qualitiy of the notes/stage.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 443 39.6%