1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Oversteer/understeer confusion

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Jarrod Crossley, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Well you can tell Ive missed abit of race for a few weeks. After a few checks with some of the setups I allready had and the latest patch I noticied some differances and started to retweak. But (reason for post) as I am turning (direction unimportant) I find that my car is turning but sliding towards to outside of the track from the main apex.

From the pic lets say red is the correct line but blue is the line I seem to be sliding to.

If I rember rightly this is understeer (or is it over steer) the old brain is a bit fried today.

[​IMG]

Thnak you in advace ...

2. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

your not only one with this issue :thumb:

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Understeer! Softer your front arb or stiff up the rear.. lower the wing a bit to 1 and you should be ok :)

Great image btw :thumb:

Edit: try to take the "dark lines" on the track, that might help for extra grip

4. Cheers Bram, I had a niggling feeling I was right with Understeer.

Front ARB as low as it will go so on to the Rear ARB or giving my self options I could reduce the front spring before attacking the ARB.

5. God I hate those 3 corners. I always fear coming towards them 0.4 up only to lose 0.5 because I don't get it right.

6. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Join the club Simon. I call that mental skidding and sliding :jumping:

7. you can try next to what Bram told also to increase rear ride height also, if the previous ones do not get enough effect.