Over sensitive brakes.

Msportdan

@Simberia
is there a way to fix the over sensitive brakes. I really have to be so careful on the brake pedal to not lock up, it feels a little bit too sensitive, than my other sims.

You cant make brake pedal harder if you decrease brake pressure now you will hve to push the pedal more to achive braking which is tha same as doing it with callibration. You still have no feedback from the pedal if you going to lock or not so you will have to get used to the travel range and leave it as you are used to.

What people here things wrong is they can decrease pressure so they can push the pedal to the end without locking the bakes but that way they loose brake efficiency.

You don´t need loadcell to simulate progressively harder brake pressure. AC is a bit oddly hardcore at times. They have an auto clutch aid that does absolutely nothing. And they demand every simmer have pedals able to output the brake pressure needed for the real thing :).

I do have the HE Sim Ultimates so I can adjust easilly so I can get hard on the brakes. It´s litterary a cheat in some cars compared those that run clubsports which have loadcell but can´t simulate the brake pressure ;).

First they must fix the auto clutch issue so I can use H-shifter without a clutch please ;). Then they can add unrealistic brake pressure adjustments also lol
Auto Clutch only works fully when you disable the separate shifter and use semi automatic shifting. This is as designed I think. So they won't fix it because for them there is nothing to fix.. no point waiting for a fix that isn't on their list. The most you can do is to ask them on the ac forum to make auto clutch work even when you have assigned clutch or separate shifter in the menus.

I'm done after this because brake pressure is very important in a car. ABS is faster than human, but stops as fast as physically possible before lock up. nanosecond caculations, before ABs and on race cars with out it. You try to set the point of hitting the brake hard and it will stop optimally. Then juuust little harder and you can lock em if you want, set the bias if you want the back end to come around. I've been workin on cars since I was 5. Matching the progression of your brake with the pedal stiffness, making the adjustments When warm you can almost, replicate anti-lock. A good brake is a good brake. The same thing can be done with cheap set of pedals and a weak spring, a rubber ball or master cylinder they still have a resistance point that you can feel. Everybody feels that point different hence pressure settings. have a good one.:)

Yes! But with cheap pedals you have the same amount of presure until the end of the travel range or until that resistent point so you still have to feel the range you pressed the pedal not the force which needs a bit more practice. Ofc unless you have progresive spring then you can use brake pressure settings.

Yes! But with cheap pedals you have the same amount of presure until the end of the travel range or until that resistent point so you still have to feel the range you pressed the pedal not the force which needs a bit more practice. Ofc unless you have progresive spring then you can use brake pressure settings.
Or a brake mod, such as Nixim, BasherBoards etc.

Auto Clutch only works fully when you disable the separate shifter and use semi automatic shifting. This is as designed I think. So they won't fix it because for them there is nothing to fix.. no point waiting for a fix that isn't on their list. The most you can do is to ask them on the ac forum to make auto clutch work even when you have assigned clutch or separate shifter in the menus.
I tried it with the RUF now and I see no difference with auto clutch in sequential mode either. Here I can run auto clutch off and never ever grind a gear. The gear shifts is a bit slower though but there is some automatic aid here even with the auto clutch aid disabled.

is there a way to fix the over sensitive brakes. I really have to be so careful on the brake pedal to not lock up, it feels a little bit too sensitive, than my other sims.

I haven't noticed any over sensitivity about the brakes in AC but if I do I just dial in the right amount ( brake pressure ) on my CSP2 with the potentiometer at the brake pedal and it works great.

Last edited by a moderator:
To answer the OP's specific question:

If you're locking up too quickly, increasing the Brake Gamma setting changes the linearity such that more travel/pressure (potentiometer/load cell) is required to reach higher braking percentages.

Max the setting and I imagine it will be next to impossible to lock up.

I'm not sure why these settings are only meant for non-load cell (potentiometer based) pedals (in iRacing the setting is Brake Force Factor).

just wanted to add, just raced the Taatus around zandvoort for the last 1.5 hours... without ABS I was totally fine really was. Although probably placebo, but the first lap did feel like you were on cold brakes, more laps and my brakes felt better. So is that the case of cars without ABS in real life are easier to drive non-abs? and the ones that supposed to have are near impossible without ABS?

i have brake lock up problems with the ferrari 458. Impossible drive without ABS brakes

I got problems with braking today. I play this game after 1.2 update and last days driving ferrari 458 (normal version) all day. Yesterday I drove almost 50 laps on nurburgring gp. Today, I got massive problem with breaking: I play with factory ABS and italia doesnt break at all. I mean, especailly when huge breaking needed after long straight. Ive tried a lot of things today and got huge problems.

Whats the reason of that? BUG? I use DFGT with settings from this forum (ofc with auto clutch, no other aids like stability control etc). Maybe I should fully disable ABS?

I have installed the new Rallylegends Mod - Ford Fiesta RS WRC and the brakes feels terrible, it has a lot of sensitivity i barely press the brake and the car almost fully stops. i have a logitech G27, the problem is with this car only, has anyone noticed this?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back