Over and Out for Kvyat as Toro Rosso Confirm He Won't Return

Another example of Helmut Marko's duplicity.
Kvyat is a decent enough driver who obviously needed some moral support from within after he was unceremoniously dumped from RBR in favor of the Dutch snot.
He's better off out of that sewer.
The person who should get the bullet is Marko, a mediocre driver at best and a crook with a record of using sponsor funds for his own ends.:poop:

Is not like Ericsson will last much longer, though. The deal with Ferrari, and both Leclerc and Giovinazzi around the corner will put an end to his F1 career sooner than later.

However, the persons who have backed Ericssons whole career. The same people who threw money at Caterham so it would survive a season, and paid Sauber in advance to save the team one year. Are the same people who bought it the year after.
They are also the same people who reportedly got rid of Kaltenborn because she wanted to treat the drivers equally(!), and they are the people who brought Bill Clinton to the US GP. And regardless of political viewpoint, and personal view on Clinton (I have learned to not say anything, unless you are able to say something nice), they apparently have influence and quite a bit of money.

Somehow I look at it as quite unlikely that they will let Ericsson go, especially when he have nowhere to go. They did try to put Ericsson in the Merc for 2017 though, so Ericsson are free to go, if the backers get him in to a good team.

Disappointing, but it can't be helped. I think he should've stayed another year - even with his crashy nature, he does seem to at least have more potential than Hartley, who had a terrible debut at CotA. Red Bull are having a bit of a crisis right now, and it wouldn't have happened if they had just promoted Vergne in 2015 like they should have.

I partly agree but it raises the question what would they have done to keep Verstappen? And I suppose same question with Sainz?
It wouldn't have hurt to have kept Verstappen at Toro Rosso at least until the end of 2016, at which point they could replace Ricciardo or Vergne. Sainz would've likely been an unfortunate casualty as a result of this, but then given how badly Kvyat destroyed him in GP3 I don't think many people expected the opposite to happen in F1, so people would've just taken it for granted.

Let's be honest guys, was only there because of his passport really, has been a magnet for incident and is clearly quick, but nothing special.

Same as Buemi, Vergne etc, but got longer coz he was Russian

Let's be honest guys, was only there because of his passport really, has been a magnet for incident and is clearly quick, but nothing special.

Same as Buemi, Vergne etc, but got longer coz he was Russian
Kvyat also happens to be a GP3 champion. And I'll always laugh at those who think Vergne was nothing special when he only got outscored by Ricciardo by one point over two seasons, given how much people like to think that he's an actual good driver and all that.

He couldn't. The less Aero is available, the more valuable becomes the driver.

Do you know anything about GT3?
Traction control, massive aero, pro drivers and Gentlemen drivers cars are possibly the most user friendly professional race car available today...

Disappointing, but it can't be helped. I think he should've stayed another year - even with his crashy nature, he does seem to at least have more potential than Hartley, who had a terrible debut at CotA. Red Bull are having a bit of a crisis right now, and it wouldn't have happened if they had just promoted Vergne in 2015 like they should have.

Yes look at Buemi in LMP cars, Red Bull seem to drag them in and spit them out, Kyvatt was a deal with Russia for the fact of having the GP there, i suppose now Bernie is gone that matters not.

I still dont understand why they didnt promote Vergne to Redbull in 2015...
Marko, Horner and Mateschitz aren't exactly known for their intelligence.

Yes look at Buemi in LMP cars, Red Bull seem to drag them in and spit them out, Kyvatt was a deal with Russia for the fact of having the GP there, i suppose now Bernie is gone that matters not.
At least they still considered Buemi for CotA but couldn't get him because of his ties with Toyota. They never should've gotten rid of him in the first place though, as he's still better than every other past STR driver besides Vettel and Verstappen. If not for Mateschitz having a hard-on for Webber, Vettel would've had a much more serious teammate in 2012 and potentially been forced to up his game sooner.

I'm surprised Haas didn't hire JEV in 2016 instead of GUT. He was a Ferrari test driver, no?
The Telmex money probably made the difference there. It was probably worth it for them in the end as they finished miles behind the next team and JEV would not have gained them any positions in the WCC.

He can always join Racedepartment and do some club racing.

He was rubbish. Now he might have to work for a living. But I doubt it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back