1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Let's Play: F1 2017 The Game
Click the cross to dismiss this video
Join the conversation on Youtube by clicking here

Out of sight bug?

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by SKIZZY, Sep 24, 2012.

1. SKIZZY

SKIZZY

Ratings:
    +2
    Hello.

I'm currently doing a career mode on legend difficulty.

I went into Q1, I loaded my setup -> Then used flying lap, Did my quali lap np, hit all the apex and was sure I was going to atleast be going into Q2,hit the escape button and return to garage, and I did but what's weird is that Kovalainen were 1 second faster than everyone else. I thought okey mayby he was on options and everyone else primes.

So I went into Q2, did the same thing over again, flying lap, this time i did 2 laps instead of one and everyone was so much faster when i was back in the garage.

So I decided to test my theory. ( When you're on the track, AI is super fast, when ur in the garage they're "normal/slow".

Instead of using the "flying lap" i used the drive out option instead, so I was first out and did my quali lap as fast as possible, then immediately when I crossed the line I went back to the garage, and I got pole easily by 1 second or so faster than the 2nd guy.

This is really dissapointing. This was in '11 to if I remember correctly? Will this be fixed in the first patch? Have anyone else expirienced this to?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kristian Nenov

Kristian Nenov

Ratings:
    +482
    Yeah, I noticed it too, but this year the out of sight bug has lesser effect tho.

3. Hugo Preto

Hugo Preto

Ratings:
    +119
    Yep. And i have also identified an additional bug: i have set 50% race distance for my career and had 15 lap race in Australia... :(

4. kitsuna

kitsuna

Ratings:
    +7
    PS3 version?

5. LazyBug

LazyBug

Ratings:
    +159
    Can i know what car you drive and whats your lap time ??

6. Hugo Preto

Hugo Preto

Ratings:
    +119
    Nope... PC

7. kitsuna

kitsuna

Ratings:
    +7
    Heard about rumors on the Codies forum where PS3 users were reporting that career mode was stuffed, not allowing them to do more than 25% race distance. That's why I asked. :)

8. Ljubisa_frizer

Ljubisa_frizer

Ratings:
    +4
    I'm playing on PS3, 50% race distance is 29 laps, maybe you didn pay attention and set it to 25%, that would be 15 laps? Regarding the lap times in Quali I noticed it too

9. Hugo Preto

Hugo Preto

Ratings:
    +119
    Nope... i am using PC version.. 50% - 15 laps (bug!).
    Just started a new profile since I couldn't save any progress on my previous one anymore... very sad!
    I have deactivated autosave now, lets hope this solves that issue.