1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Other Racing Wheels vs Logitech G25

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ariff Roose, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Which has the best value for money? Loooking for a very good racing wheel. G25 is expensive and good. Reik Major says that the Momo is good and cheap. So which other racing whell has the best value?

2. I'm using the F430 but it is limited to 270° rotation. Nice wheel but is this considered cheap?

3. I have a Formula Force EX, it's quite a basic wheel, has 180-200 degrees rotation, has only paddle shifters and 2 pedals, but the FF is quite good in my opinion (I can't really compare it to other wheels though). I think it's a good wheel overall (at least I can live with it), and the best part of it is the price, which is the half of the Momo's.

4. I bought a Momo for € 80,- and a F430 for € 70,-(in the Netherlands) but I think the F430 is mutch better than the Momo.

5. I have the Driving Force GT, it's a great wheel, designed for PS3, but works perfectly with PC sims, and was only £65 at Amazon (it's only £59 at the mo!)...

6. I have the same. And it's indeed a great wheel. :)

7. I have a Logitech DFP which is a very sound wheel so the Force GT mentioned above by Ivo and James should be very similar as I think it's effectively an updated version. I know our local Game store has it fo £69 so should be available for less online:good:.

I'll be looking to the G27 or Fanatec for my next wheel when I've saved up loads a pounds:).

8. I had the Momo, a good wheel for a good price, but after 3 years or so one of the pedals broke.
    Now I have the G25, and I am very happy with it, never experienced any problems and I have it now for more then 2 years.

9. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

So Peter is doing serious SimRacing since he is 9! :S

10. The Logitech DFGT gets a lot of praise. I have it myself and it is faster, more precise and with better ffb than the DFP. Pedals not so good but that goes for all low priced wheels I guess.
    Pluss loads of buttons on the DFGT.

Have a nice day. :)

11. All of 'em has paddle shifters right? I also heard the Momo and the G25 has manual semi automatic normal gearbox that just goes up and down (sorry just finished playing golf and tired so I cant explain).:computer:

12. The G25 has an h-shifter that can be used in sequential (up/down) mode as well. And of course paddles as I believe all the wheels have.
    The DFGT have very small paddles but they have an ok feel to them. DFGT also has a sequential stick.

Check them out at the logitech site.

13. Thanks but I think Ill save up and buy a G25 or a DFGT. specs show that the G25 is best for driving realisticly. But price too high. The DFGT is nice and is almost perfect but doesnt have a 900deg turn angle to angle which takes time to get used to. But I'll settle for these two.:rotfl:

14. The DFGT does have 900 degrees. Your golf game must have really worn you out, lol.

15. Indeed the DFGT has 900 degrees. :)

16. Okay. Thanks! The DFGT looks nice and cool but the G25 looks more proffesional and indeed I will save up to buy the DFGT! Thanks guys!:tongue:

17. G25, nothing compares :D

18. srt says g27 will be out end of september so i suggest you wait for it.

any of you guys use the gt3 rs and clubsport pedals by fanatec? how is it? bad thing i see is it doesnt come with any shifter, right? so what shifter do you guys use?

just looking for my next wheel if my g25 dies.. :)

19. No, Thrustmaster has very nice pedals for their cheap wheels. Even for their GT Experience. The pedals on the Experience (€50) are much better than the DFGT ones..

20. Yup, Thurstmaster pedals are pretty decent, RGT ones are pretty good anyway, better then Momo / DFGT fo example.