1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Other driver's name on your car/character

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Hi-Fi, Oct 17, 2011.

1. First off, hello :)

This is my first post, so forgive me if it's been noticed/asked before.

I first noticed this in career mode in F1 2010 when racing for Toro Rosso, I had Jaime Alguersuari written down the side of my car, and now in F1 2011 I have Paul Di Resta written on the back of my character's HANS.

This bugs me to no end - surely it can't be that difficult just to remove the name when you take that driver's place?

2. I'm afraid it's painted into the car textures, so you would have to modify those to have your own name on the car.

3. Bugs me too so I take the time out to erase/put my name on

4. I have just recently posted my thoughts about this too on the bug report thread and i also agree that this should be taken care of. The game already uses your name and flag in the race results and standings, so how hard could it be to put those on the racing overalls

5. does seem a little sloppy that CM made it that way.

6. why not have a complete 10th new team and make it F1 superstars
    being able to design your own car, gather your own team, adding new tracks to the game,
    being able to drive alien lap times...cmon.

7. That's not bug. They've got licence for F1 cars from 2011 Formula 1 season, so they did correct liveries. You can easily edit it yourself, I did so in 2010 :)

8. Yup changing the names on the car for the player would surely be against their licensing agreement...wouldn't expect to ever see that any different.