OSW issue any ideas?

Well I ran into a problem with my OSW, the part that attaches to the shaft came loose so every time I crashed or hit a curb the wheel would jerk, temporarily switch off and then loose the centre.

So I then tightened the hell out of it, I would no longer loose the centre but instead my OSW would constantly and loudly vibrate when I drive.

So I loosened it slightly, no more vibrations when I drive, but this time when I hit a curb It would RATTLE like CRAZY!

Okay so I loosened it some more but now it went back to the first issue, I would loose centre when I crashed or turned quickly.

I was thinking would a quick release be a potential fix as with them they slide onto the shaft? and do not get bolted on right?

Also does anyone know any good website that sells a quality quick release in the EU

Thank you.

Have been using this for some time now and can confirm, one of the best

Okay thanks I emailed simracingbay and they told me to mess around with the settings, however, I am not good with doing so haha.

If you post your motor and hardware/firmware used, maybe someone has working setup you can try or help you with since there lots of different OSW suppliers/combos possible.

Upvote 0
Have been using this for some time now and can confirm, one of the best

If you post your motor and hardware/firmware used, maybe someone has working setup you can try or help you with since there lots of different OSW suppliers/combos possible.

Hi, I have;
  • SimuCUBE based OSW kit SinCos
  • ServoMotor: MiGE 130ST-M15015 SinCos - 2,1 mil cpr
  • PSU: Mean Well 480W/720W Peak (Noiseless) 30Nm
  • Servo drive: Ioni Pro HC (25A)
I have granity and MmosForceFeedback2014 installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Do you loose the center or complete loss of ffb? looks like a fault mode.
I had this in the beginning with my simucube , same setup as you have..

the shaftclamp should be tight , not loosened up.

Upvote 0
Do you loose the center or complete loss of ffb? looks like a fault mode.
I had this in the beginning with my simucube , same setup as you have..

the shaftclamp should be tight , not loosened up.

Yea it was the shaft clamp its all fixed now :], you have the same wheel? Would mind sharing your settings in game and mmos with me for ; AC / Rfactor2 / Automobilista / Iracing / PC2 / Raceroom. Please? I am really struggling

Upvote 0
Kind of saved still need to fix the ffb :/. Is the new beta, better?

The new beta in it current state have better and more individual setting, overall the ffb gets better. But not every ffb function is implemented yet and not all games are supported. There is an new release in January so if you not using it yet I would wait for that.

It is easy to change to the new firmware but to get back to MMOS you need to access an jumper on the simucube board.

Upvote 0
Big fan of the beta software, I had bad cross noise as well. Going to the latest beta firmware reduced it massively but using the new profiles in the simucube beta has completely cleaned it up and works great.

Here the settings I've been using for rf2 and assetto Corsa, I just play with the overall strength depending on the car, and AC profile is set to 900 degrees, rf2 I match the car settings for degrees.

index.php

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back